Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 Spotify NOW WORKS!

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 05:51 PM)
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options

When trying to use the Spotify app you can't play music to your earphones. It only plays on the phone. You can't even go into settings or download or anything. Seems like a massive downgraded version that isn't fully functional like on the Galaxy watch 3.

(Update! Now works!)
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Phantom Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
18 REPLIES 18
MaFa
Apprentice
Options

Agree - 100% same issue here...

Watch arrived Friday and Spotify is basically just a shell not funtioning or anything... 

I did not have that issue with my spotify app on the SM-R600...

Better fix this issue quickly 

0 Likes
Tiag0
Explorer
Options
Once linked if you go into the mobile version of Spotify there should by a swap device somewhere on the bottom. Symbol looks a bit like an ipod
0 Likes
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Yeah that doesn't do anything
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
MaFa
Apprentice
Options

Yeah that doesn t do anything for me neither... tbh I tried every button / option available ( there are not many )...

Also removed all links in my spotify account, restarted all devices, uninstalled/installed all apps nothing worked. 

Samsung/Spotify gotta do sth quickly

SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
It's frustrating that with each new piece of hardware we seem to go backwards in software until updates come out that give us what we already had on previous devices...
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
We have to wait for the latest Spotify Wear OS update due any day now, it allows download to watch for premium users and streaming via WiFi or LTE independent of the phone. https://newsroom.spotify.com/2021-08-11/enjoy-all-your-music-and-podcasts-offline-on-smartwatches-ru...
0 Likes
mfarazshakir
Pioneer
Options
Same here, no playback on the watch 4, plays only on phone. Tried with buds connected to watch 4 as well, no luck. However samsung music seems to play locally on the watch
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
I've seen a few websites now saying a software update is coming for watch4 series in the next few days....of cause Samsung won't confirm or deny this at the moment......I've read it is meant to fix several bugs but no mention of new features just yet....I know google assistant is planned for a future update.......
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Those of us loyal customers who buy the products as soon as they're available seem to be the 'beta testers' on the software front for most of the year. It's not on in my opinion. Especially when they do ridiculous deals down the line that we miss out on, by which time things are far better and more cohesive software wise.

There are elements of tinkering around I like which is why I prefer not having an iPhone but when issues crop up constantly that makes the use of the device frustrating (talking of all Samsung devices here not just watches) it makes me wonder why I bother.

I'll happily be a real beta tester because I know what I've signed up for. When I buy new I expect it to be working out the box.