Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 notifications

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 05:36 PM)
Mb1178
Explorer
Options

Hi upon using the galaxy watch 4 the notications light up screen for like half a second then disappear so u don't get chance to see them where ad on the 1st galaxy watch they stay on the screen for like 2 to 3 seconds also the icons on screen for notifications are very small can these be made bigger please would be good just like they were on 1st galaxy watch 

16 REPLIES 16
AndrewL
Options

@Mb1178: If you head to Settings > Notifications > Show Phone Notifications On Watch, you can set the conditions for checking the phone's notifications while wearing the watch. While you're here, enable Notifications Indicator and Turn On Screen. If you miss any notifications, swipe right on the screen to open the Notification Panel. If you're connected to a phone via the Wearables app, open the app > Watch Settings > Notifications, and explore your options here for further customisation. 

0 Likes
Mb1178
Explorer
Options
Hi I have those all turned on doesn't make any difference
Mb1178
Explorer
Options
It literally flashes up like half a second then screen goes out and 1st galaxy watch didn't do that also the option for auto show details of notifications has gone so when it auto shows details then disappears it doesn't leave the orange dot on screen telling u have notifications it used to on 1st galaxy watch so maybe needs an update to add this back on would be so good also there's no samsung email app anymore which used to be very handy
Mb1178
Explorer
Options
Should be an option to turn on and off auto show details of new notifications was on 1st galaxy watch
0 Likes
Mb1178
Explorer
Options
Only way it shows orange dot is if u have multiple unread notifications the 1st galaxy watch used to show u orange dot even after 1 unread notification
0 Likes
Ang144
Pioneer
Options
I think is due to tilting your wrist. Apparently when a notification is reserved as you move your wrist backwards it does turn the screen off. Very annoying, I think watch 3 is the same. Didn't get that with Active 2 though.
0 Likes
Mb1178
Explorer
Options
No wish they would change it back to how active 2 was
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Same here tried resets but wake up screen flashes for 0.5 sec and gone, some have said it is do not disturb or goodnight mode, others suggest a hardware fault
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
rpweimann
Student
Options

Same issue here. Have messed around with settings. Notification of message appears on watch, and if I dont read it immediately, no orange dot and no looking at the message on the watch after the initial notification. I have to pickup my phone to see what I missed. 3 previous generations of Samsung watches had no issues with notifications. To me, this is not a welcome change.