Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 - not really accessible

(Topic created on: 24-05-2022 10:11 AM)
swisswuff
Apprentice
Options

I have a new Galaxy Watch 4 and when I use it, I use it on my left wrist but I have no right hand. So I try to operate this with the arm stump, which works surprisingly well - I can use the rotation of the bezel, and touch commands work more or less as well. I can find a watch face that allows me to attach functions that I can use, so that is good.

Where the watch leaves me is with the alarms. There, they have two small buttons, one to turn off and one to snooze, both require a circular drag. And what I want, in fact, need, is an interface choice that is bigger, easier to use. Ideally the software allows me to configure the layout by myself. But as that, it is a pain to use.

So I would kindly ask Samsung to show how the layout of the various screens can be changed or adapted. And it would be useful to allow triple clicks for both buttons on the side of the watch to be used for things; the down swipe to activate the App list is cumbersome, I would prefer to pull it up using the upper or lower button maybe by pressing it three times.

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@swisswuff: I'm sorry to hear that you're having some difficulty interacting with the Galaxy Watch 4. You mentioned that you're able to use the rotating bezel, and please be aware that this can be used to switch off alarms, rather than dragging the 'X' out of the large circle. Next time your alarm goes off, try rotating or swiping the bezel clockwise, and let me know if this does the trick. If the interface is causing you some issues, then I recommend heading to Settings > Accessibility > Visibility Enhancements, as you may be able to increase the size of the on screen prompts. While a triple tap option isn't available, it is possible to assign an app or feature to launch when you press the Watch’s Home key twice or press and hold it. You can also select a feature to launch when you press the Watch’s Back key. To do this, please head to Settings > Advanced Features > Customise Keys. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
swisswuff
Apprentice
Options

Thanks!! The rotation works both ways, snooze ccw, stop cw - perfect. That solves my problem there!

0 Likes