Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 Not Connecting to My Phone

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 04:42 AM)
Shusdon
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had issues connecting their Watch4 to their S20 Ultra?

I cannot seem to get them to connect at all, it says the Watch 4 plugin keeps stopping. The Wearable app goes as far as letting me accept the terms and conditions, and immediately cycles back to the 'Scan for New Devices' page. It never starts pairing the watch to my phone.

I've uninstalled both the app, and the Watch4 plugin it downloads. I have tried clearing the cache on both, as well as the data and updating any and all apps on my phone. My phone is currently completely up to date. The Watch4 plugin keeps showing message 'App keeps stopping'. 

I have exchanged the watch and gotten a new one, and still facing this issue. Has anyone else had this experience, or can offer any insight on how to get them to connect?

0 Likes
Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
WagnerF
First Poster
Options

Thanks, it worked, although I had to configure everything again, as it was not possible to backup before clearing. Moreover, I had to clear cache and data for Galaxy Wearable and for Galaxy Watch4 Manager.

Samsung should do a better job with their software... (but even with such problem it is way better than Apple)

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

If your watch will not pair to a phone, or if it randomly disconnects, restart your watch. You should also make sure the Galaxy wearable app is up to date, but it may be necessary to reset the app and unpair your watch.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Wake96C4
First Poster
Options

I'm on a Note 20 Ultra 5G and my new Watch 4 fails to complete setup, "couldn't connect to your phone. Reset your watch, then try again". It pairs fine to my old Note 10+ 5G though. 

I'm more and more disappointed with Samsung with each new model. The last one I really liked and praised was my S8 Active. I go back all the way to the original Note with Samsung but this may be my last one. Between dumb things like having to flash my unlocked phone with T-Mobile firmware to be able to use dual sim, to nonsense like this factory reset your phone garbage. 

My Watch 4 is going back to the store for a refund and I'm back on my Watch 3 until it dies. I'll be looking at another brand for my next smartphone as well. Really disappointed here Samsung.

0 Likes
Nothing Phone 1
Explorer
Options

I have a Smartphone from the Brand Nothing, model PHONE 1. I have a problem configuring my Galaxy watch 4 with my smartphone. The problem is software I would like Samsung to resolve the situation.

0 Likes