Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 Not Connecting to My Phone

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 04:42 AM)
Shusdon
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone had issues connecting their Watch4 to their S20 Ultra?

I cannot seem to get them to connect at all, it says the Watch 4 plugin keeps stopping. The Wearable app goes as far as letting me accept the terms and conditions, and immediately cycles back to the 'Scan for New Devices' page. It never starts pairing the watch to my phone.

I've uninstalled both the app, and the Watch4 plugin it downloads. I have tried clearing the cache on both, as well as the data and updating any and all apps on my phone. My phone is currently completely up to date. The Watch4 plugin keeps showing message 'App keeps stopping'. 

I have exchanged the watch and gotten a new one, and still facing this issue. Has anyone else had this experience, or can offer any insight on how to get them to connect?

0 Likes

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Shusdon
Apprentice
Options

I figured it out! 

Uninstall Android Webview update from the Google play store. For whatever reason, that's the cause for apps crashing unexpectedly! It worked for me and now my watch is connected, and nothing else on my phone is effected by uninstalling the update!

View solution in context

Solution
gue22
Apprentice
Options

For me unpairing the Wear OS 2 watch and uninstalling the Google Wear app helped get Galaxy Wearable over 89% and finish. Around 80% Google Wear seemed to be competing to couple the Watch 4 a second time.

HTH
G.

View solution in context

Solution
JLinville
First Poster
Options

I fought this battle for quite a while today, I finally got it to work after factory resetting my phone and watch and then after my phone downloaded the backup files it actually worked. Definitely back everything up before attempting this.

View solution in context

23 REPLIES 23
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Do you have a Samsung Experience Store or similar you could visit for them to see if they can get them paired @Shusdon  ?

Other options are to clear the cache and data of the apps and then try again.

Settings, Apps, Galaxy Wearables,  Storage, Clear Cache and also Data if necessary.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ditchett
First Poster
Options
Same, mine connects but then goes back to the start again. Spent an hour talking to Samsung last night and they just said to send it back
0 Likes
Ting
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue. Haven't found a solution on the web.

0 Likes
Solution
Shusdon
Apprentice
Options

I figured it out! 

Uninstall Android Webview update from the Google play store. For whatever reason, that's the cause for apps crashing unexpectedly! It worked for me and now my watch is connected, and nothing else on my phone is effected by uninstalling the update!

Ting
First Poster
Options

Do you mean Android System WebView? it's already disabled on my phone....i have a Note 8. i did a force stop on it and tried to pair again...didn't work...

0 Likes
Shusdon
Apprentice
Options

Ah shoot. That's the one. I just had to uninstall the update for it on my end, and everything ended up working first try. Hmm

0 Likes
Solution
gue22
Apprentice
Options

For me unpairing the Wear OS 2 watch and uninstalling the Google Wear app helped get Galaxy Wearable over 89% and finish. Around 80% Google Wear seemed to be competing to couple the Watch 4 a second time.

HTH
G.

Solution
JLinville
First Poster
Options

I fought this battle for quite a while today, I finally got it to work after factory resetting my phone and watch and then after my phone downloaded the backup files it actually worked. Definitely back everything up before attempting this.

Chamoskeem
First Poster
Options

Well to me I connect my watch to my galaxy s9 update the watch n the reboot n I notice my samsung account was not link to my note 10 once I link my samsung account it connected 

0 Likes