Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 No Facebook Messenger Notifications, Seriously?

(Topic created on: 28-08-2021 04:06 PM)
Marcell2
Journeyman
Options

I bought this ***** called Galaxy Watch 4, because I thought if it has android then my regular apps will work on it. Just to realize that basically a 30 EUR Chinese noname fitness band gives you more than this useless pieces of *****. Because the 30 EUR chinese noname fitness band usually shows your notifications from Facebook messenger, Signal, Instagram, but this sophisticated piece of Samsung technology is apparently incapable of doing that.

Does someone have any idea if there is any way to get your Facebook messenger or Signal notifications on it? Or I will return it and get the 30 EUR Chinese fitness band, because that seems smarter than this thing.

38 REPLIES 38
Solution
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Have you selected and turned on notifications for the apps in the Wearables App?

I get notifications as to FB replies, messenger, Signal, so can confirm that they do work.
Solution
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
Hi @Marcell2

On your smartphone, go into your Galaxy Wearable app and click on Watch settings then go into Notifications.
Click on Messenger and make sure the setting is ON.

Mine works just fine, but I had to manually do the above steps.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
NeoRegia
First Poster
Options
That's not exactly solving the problem that OP has. I also would like to be able to send new facebook messages quickly and not only view and replay incoming messages.
Marcell2
Journeyman
Options

Still I cannot pickup calls from FB Messengers, or Signal. Only Whatsapp calls can be picked up through the watch. If the notification arrives in time, but usually there is a delay of 5-10 minutes. Despite of the fact that my galaxy wearable app is on all the time and ate up 10 percent of the battery of my S21 ultra.  

Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Well 2 individuals provided the same response, based on their experiences, so it gives a resolution.
As for the new FB messages then give developers time to design, code and implement apps.
0 Likes
Origin1979
Journeyman
Options

If yours is anything like mine the notifications did not come whilst wearing the watch but when you removed the watch the notifications  all arrived.... So now my watch is in the service center either being fixed or replaced...

Marcell2
Journeyman
Options

Interesting issue, luckily it is a different situation in my case. 

0 Likes
JeffARK
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy Watch 4 "Classic" has worked out of the box with FBmessenger. Even the messenger calls. My wife's Galaxy Watch 4 has not worked even after the options were selected. Would it have something to do with mine being the large Classic version?

Anthony86harris
First Poster
Options

Cam you reply using fb messenger on your watch 4 though 

0 Likes