Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 LTE - Still over heating

(Topic created on: 03-05-2022 01:04 PM)
semsunguser77
Journeyman
Options

As the title suggests and the multiple other posts on the many forums about it. My Watch 4 - 44mm LTE over heated in low cell reception areas. Such as a valley or in a storage shed. The watch itself is brand new.

I bought the watch for one reason. To use Strava Beacon and Spotify so I don't have to carry a phone while riding. Since Both times it affected it even while just using Spotify and not Strava. The watch is basically useless to me. 

Surely an update can resolve this issue. Such as stop searching for cell towers for 30 seconds in high power mode and search for cell towers for 15 seconds after, if nothing found stop searching for 30 seconds. Etc. 

Anyone else got a solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Ricardosmith14
First Poster
Options

My watch over heats as soon as I turn on Spotify and begin running...very disappointed...what do we do please help samsung

0 Likes
semsunguser77
Journeyman
Options

Small update, Today I returned my watch to JB Hifi as it continued to throw cooling down messages. The offered me a refund or a new watch to try. I need the watch as I have a fold 3 which is not a good exercise type phone.... I got the new watch 4, same exact watch variation. 
Charged the watch to 56%, updated the watch, added the cell service to the watch, installed one single app (Strava). 
Engaged the Strava Riding workout and went for a drive through the Royal National Park to test it out as it has bad reception in there. 15 minutes later, my brand new watch 4 throws the over heating error message that I purchased not 4 hours before it happened. This is after Samsung have replied to emails saying that have no reports of other suffering this same issue.
The device does not work as intended, very disappointing, will return for a refund very shortly and look at getting a Fossil Gen 6. 

0 Likes