Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 LTE Step Count and Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 01:00 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Today I've been quite busy and my watch  was showing roughly the correct number of steps done, but the health app on the phone was only showing a few steps.

After resynchronization my watch now shows the same low number of steps as I had on the health app and checking the tracking for the day it's not recorded in the health app for about 5 hours.

Surely if my watch is not connected to my phone but on its on mobile signal then surely this should sync to phone when next connected and my watch data should not be overwritten.

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@walkerx: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. If you head to the Samsung Health app on your phone and select it. Can you see an 'All Steps' option? If so, tap on it and select 'Watch Only' to see if this helps. If you can't see a Watch Only option, tap the 3 dots in the top right and pause the step counter on the phone. Now, when you come to sync your steps to the phone it should only account for the tracker on the watch itself. Let me know how you get on. 

walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL You have to go into steps, select data to show and this shows all steps or mobile.
No option to set watch only and no option to pause.

Using Watch 4 Classic 46mm LTE and56 see Samsung S20FE5G.6

Also found this which shows you can't select watch only

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/samsung-watch-incorrectly-counting-steps/
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
@AndrewL again today been on feet most of day walking about, had watch on charge for a couple of hours, but then when took watch of charge and started wearing it, it wasn't registering my steps and showing 0 steps were made from 12pm to 9pm, while my watch was showing steps done in notifications as a higher value.
Had to go into Samsung Health on phone for the watch to update, surely the watch should be recording the steps whether I have my phone nearby or not.
Never had this issue with the Active 2 only with the Watch 4.
Have Samsung inherited the old bugs from WearOS 2 in WearOS 3? As this is what it seems like.
0 Likes