Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 lte smartwatch pairing isn't available

(Topic created on: 04-02-2023 09:17 PM)
Hellfire27
Journeyman
Options
Hi all, trying to get my galaxy watch 4 lte to connect to 4G on three network. 

Have added smartwatch pairing to my account today as they have it for apple and Samsung watches now. However even though it was added this morning as an add on, the wearable app still says smartwatch pairing isn't available on your plan. 

I've checked with the provider and all OK apparently. Has anyone else run to the same issues? Or any ideas?

Thanks

#Galaxywatch4lte, #wear 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
rednax92
First Poster
Options

Three have an agreement with Samsung to only support the watch 5 in order to create an incentive to generate ewaste and upsell to virtually identical newer model numbers. 

It's not a hardware limitation, it's a shareholder policy decision to generate additional revenue.

This is one of the many reasons I left three after 15 years of being shafted at every opportunity. 

0 Likes
Hellfire27
Journeyman
Options
I managed to get around it in the end. Basically they now offer esim to new customers. So cancelled my old contract via a complaint early for free. They then asked me to sign up to a new contract which offered the esim. So now have esim on my phone and on the watch 4
0 Likes
Hellfire27
Journeyman
Options
You have to ignore the normal handlers on the chat as they haven't had the additional training for the esim. They add phone tariff to your existing contract which doesn't work. So if you go via the complaint route you can then get around it.
0 Likes