Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 lte model - overheating when on calls on LTE

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 07:01 AM)
carl123
Explorer
Options

I picked up my watch from o2, took out the data deal set it all up, when I leave my phone at home and a call comes through I answer talk for a few seconds then get a overheating message it shuts my call of  and puts flight mode on, does exactly the same if I try to make a outgoing call, I'm at a total loss as of what to do, I've tried restarting it then resetting it but still the problem persists, I've checked to see if there is any updates for the watch but there is nothing.

46 REPLIES 46
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

I believe that a replacement would yield the same result.

TMobile is sending me out a third watch to see if I can reproduce the issue again.

I had overheating issues with two consecutive watches right out of the box.

I am certain that on the first LTE call I make with the third watch the device will overheat.

Ronmau
Explorer
Options
It's so frustrating! However, I hoping Samsung will resolve the issue so I can repurchase the watch! Thanks to everyone for continuing to post your experiences.
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Hello all! It looks like the overheating issues may have been resolved with the latest update currently being rolled out. Checkout the YouTube video I saw this morning.
https://youtu.be/afQwkCag37Y
AleXSR700
Pioneer
Options

Let's see. I would be surprised if Samsung finally managed to fix an issue that apparently has been around since generation 1.

0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Well I reordered the watch and have been using it for 9 days on BU15 software. It still overheats but seems to last a little longer before doing so. It's very very disappointing.

So the watch will go back next week if things do not improve.
0 Likes
JohnPi
Journeyman
Options

Disable Galaxy Wearable- Advanced Feature - Remote Connection. LTE stand alone  will work fine.

0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Watch has been returned. Purchased an apple watch / iPhone. No over heating. Just works had LTE calls for an hour
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

Yeah, I thought Samsung would have a solution for this issue seeing as it's so bad!!!  I'm calling it a loss.  I've been sent 4 watches, checked for updates, but the problem still persists.  Waste of time and money!

I will call TMobile and let them know that I still having these issues and see if they can do something for me at this point.  If not, My girlfriend and I will just buy the newest Apple watch and trade our two Samsung S20 Ultra's in for new Apple phones and be done for a while.

Tired of the overheating, no solution thing from Samsung and their products. We were going to purchase a new big screen TV this year during "black Friday" sales coming up seeing that my old plasma finally has a line down the center.  It's time but I'll have to go with the LG model instead.  I just can't trust Samsung products anymore.  I can't take the chance there will be something majorly wrong with the product and they just give it a shrug like, "Oh well."

It's just not right!

0 Likes
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

That solution did NOT work!

0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Yeah felt exactly the same.. I just don't have the time to tinker and fiddle anymore. I use apple and windows machines. iPads and androids.... I just want things that work. Samsung has not been able to provide that with their LTE watch. If you are moving to iPhone and are buying a new TV see if you can get one that supports airplay - will make displaying content easier from apples eco system.