Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 lte model - overheating when on calls on LTE

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 06:42 PM)
carl123
Explorer
Options

I picked up my watch from o2, took out the data deal set it all up, when I leave my phone at home and a call comes through I answer talk for a few seconds then get a overheating message it shuts my call of  and puts flight mode on, does exactly the same if I try to make a outgoing call, I'm at a total loss as of what to do, I've tried restarting it then resetting it but still the problem persists, I've checked to see if there is any updates for the watch but there is nothing.

46 REPLIES 46
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
This is the review I have found that specifically mentions the issue.
https://youtu.be/AQ_sdxf5AzM
Mickey85
First Poster
Options

I just got my galaxy watch 4 yesterday and immediately noticed this overheating issue when I untethered my phone to test LTE usage and opened Spotify to use it. The watch was in my cool 70F basement and I hadn't even used it much before doing this test. The watch immediately overheated the second I tried to use Spotify with the data coming through LTE. I also had 3 bars of signal on LTE so the low signal shouldn't have been the issue.

I don't think its physically possible that it overheated as quickly as it did. I'm trying again this morning and also going to let the battery run completely out as suggested by another user who said this "fixed" it.... I'm hoping I get lucky here and am one of the one-off people here who just randomly got lucky and the issue resolved itself... but I doubt it.

Ronmau
Explorer
Options
I do hope Samsung fixes the issue quickly. However, I returned the watch within the trial period because I did not want to take the risk of it not being fixed. One good test is to make an LTE call via the watch - if there is still a problem it will overheat within a few minutes.
galaxy watch ov1
First Poster
Options

im having the same issue ive tryed everything i have the galaxy watch 4 44mm lte im confused why it would be doing that samsung i love your products but please help me and these people figure out this problem wether it is a complete replacement no charge or a software update

baertor
First Poster
Options

Wenn ich mit meiner Samung Watch 4 LTE telefoniere oder diese sich in den LTE Modus schaltet überhitzt diese nach wenigen Sekunden unterbricht das Telefonat und schaltet sich ab. Im LTE Modus überhitzt die Uhr regelmäßig und der Akku ist nach ca. 2 Stunden leer. 

Hat jemand von Euch eine Lösung ?

0 Likes
Members_Q3QqJlG
Apprentice
Options
xXLARXx
Explorer
Options

On TMobile I get the overheating issue after only 10 seconds.  First call made on this new watch!

Honestly, how did this product ever make it through testing to market?

I have a sound theory, the software dev(s) (after a tester opened a bug) resolved and closed the bug on their own code.

Samsung, keep devs away from your test team!!!

0 Likes
Aerz
Journeyman
Options
After samsung told me it was only happening to a certain amount I went ahead and arranged a replacement. New watch came, went to o2 for a new code to set up the data again and with a few mins walking down the road it overheated while connected to 4g. Pretty upset with Samsung's Customer service really.
Kit Pogi W4LTE
Apprentice
Options

I got the software update earlier today. I tried making a call and with in 10 mins that's when I got the message watch will shut down. I'm not sure that update was the fix but it sure did allow me to make a call more than 10 mins. I have the T-Mobile watch 4 variant. I know it says 9:18 on the pic. But it did go all the way to 10:45 then call cancelled.

20210923_125008.jpg

AltesEisen
First Poster
Options

Ich habe heute die eSim aktiviert. Jedes Telefonat bricht nach kurzer Zeit ab und die Uhr muss sich abkühlen. Watch 4 Classic mit T-Mobile. Lässt sich das Problem nur mit Uhrentausch beheben oder gar nicht?

Gruß

Klaus