Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 lte model - overheating when on calls on LTE

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 07:16 AM)
carl123
Explorer
Options

I picked up my watch from o2, took out the data deal set it all up, when I leave my phone at home and a call comes through I answer talk for a few seconds then get a overheating message it shuts my call of  and puts flight mode on, does exactly the same if I try to make a outgoing call, I'm at a total loss as of what to do, I've tried restarting it then resetting it but still the problem persists, I've checked to see if there is any updates for the watch but there is nothing.

46 REPLIES 46
Lukester01
Journeyman
Options

I have reset 5 times.  The watch simply cannot be used for phone calls. Samsung has a massive problem on their hands.  Resetting does not fix the problem with sleep tracking showing almost zero deep sleep either.  This watch model appears to be defective.  

pruebas1234567
Voyager
Options

Hello. Same issue with my watch. And the battery is draining to fast with LTE on

Ronmau
Explorer
Options
A quick update. I updated to the latest software then restarted my watch. I made a call and again it overheated..The update did not resolve this issue. Its a real shame and I keep wondering what testing Samsung did before releasing the watch!
Lukester01
Journeyman
Options

Tech support knows there is a major issue. They didnt even put up any resistance, just said send it back.  The update didn't fix the overheating problem for me either(2 min with BT headset, 4.5min without headset before frozen) Completely repeatable. The update also didn't fix the broken sleep tracking which claims I had 13 in of deep sleep and 1hr 15min AWAKE.  Really Samsung, I was awake!?  I'm not awake when I roll over. Do they have actual scientists making their algorithms? Makes me wonder about the rest of their "health" app.   

Ronmau
Explorer
Options
I have now returned the watch. It's a real shame as I liked it a lot. If the issue gets resolved I may purchase it again. Thanks to everyone here for the help and support.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's a real shame @Ronmau  😔 

I'm wondering if there's a significant difference between the Lte and Bluetooth option of the Samsung Watch⁴

I'm interested in the Bluetooth version of the Samsung Watch⁴ Classic to eventually replace my Samsung Gear s³ Frontier Watch.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rainman22
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue.  Verizon LTE, after about 2.5 minutes it overheats and goes into Airplane mode.  This is ridiculous.  After a 2 minute call you're watch is useless, why would I continue to pay for it to be connected at that rate??  This is maybe my 5th or 6th Samsung LTE version, never had anything like this in any of the other models.

Rainman22
Explorer
Options

AgeOfDarkness, yours doesn't do this when you disconnect from Bluetooth and make an LTE call on the device only?  If you test, please try to make a 5 min call from the device and let us know.  From the other replies it seems like it's a common issue.

0 Likes
Aerz
Journeyman
Options
I contacted Samsung as I bought it direct from them and was told that it only affects a number of watches and not all. I am waiting on a replacement, but sceptical and will update.
Rainman22
Explorer
Options

I'll be anxiously awaiting the results!  If it's a hardware issue, I'll need to return as well.