Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 Lte/4g owners do you use it as a stand alone device?

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 01:04 PM)
Davethetech
Explorer
Options

Hey guys and gals, do you use your galaxy watch 4 ad a stand alone device, without wifi or Bluetooth? 

Im interested to know how often you utilize the lte technology as EVERYTIME i used Cellular connection the watch would overheat. But i noticed the watch would turn on wifi or Bluetooth without me activating it seemingly to negate the need for cellular connection.

I wondered if the owners of the watch 4 4g/lte epuld try using the cellular only connection and testing the actual usefulness of the connectivity, i feel there is a fundamental issue with the device but the more users that report/experience the issue will promote the development of a reliable fix gor a problem i feel is just as serious as the note 7 saga. People could get hurt by these overheating devies!
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options

Hi there, I use mine most weekends on lte mode. I don't make hundreds of calls though and when I do they are probably only for a minute or two in length. Not had any issues bar once but that was when I got a call whilst watch was charging so was hot to begin with.

0 Likes
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Hello. There are a number of threads on this issue already and it's a serious problem for many who have purchased the LTE version. I have returned my watch for a refund. If Samsung manage to fix the issue I may purchase the watch again. If you make a call on LTE for more than a few minutes the watch overheats. Tikwatch pro 3 LTE never did this apple watch LTE does not do this.
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Just thought I'd add I tried another call today for 15 minutes on lte mode and had no problem at all, didn't overheat. I reset the watch yesterday, (not due to any issue related to the watch but my phone so had to reset to reconnect but worked fine. Maybe try a reset see if that helps?
For the record, only lte enabled, WiFi off, Bluetooth off, location off
Davethetech
Explorer
Options
Thanks for that, i will try that with my 3rd and final replacement. If i use the watch rested on a block of ice i could use it as intended but if i used Spotify with buds pro in stand alone on a walk i could only get 30 seconds of music before it would restart and Cool down.
Its definitely not the greatest product that Samsung has produced.
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Just checking what network you are on? My friend is having major issues on o2. When they go standalone can't even try to make a call and it overheats. Think they esim is not working properly and watch is going into overdrive trying to connect and overheating
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
I was on Vodafone. On 4g LTE the watch would overheat within 45 seconds of making / receiving a call. If I put the watch into 3g only mode and switched always on display off. I could make /receive a call for 8 to 10 mins before it would overheat.
Ronmau
Explorer
Options
Hello all! It looks like the overheating issues may have been resolved with the latest update currently being rolled out. Checkout the YouTube video I saw this morning.
https://youtu.be/afQwkCag37Y
0 Likes
paulito73
First Poster
Options
I've had my watch 4lte for months now and not once since I've purchased it have I ever been able to make calls without Bluetooth being on and countless visits to o2 shop either as they can't figure it out even though all settings on my galaxy s20+ looks ok
0 Likes