Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Inlineskating (why no GPS?)

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 04:43 PM)
ProfessorBaum
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I was pretty excited when I saw that the watch 4 finally got an Inlinskating sport mode but why not include GPS tracking as you have it for running/cycling? I don't know anyone who only skates inside or in skateparks.

It would be great to track not only my distance and route but also my speed just as you can in cycling or running mode. I'm guessing since those features are already in other sport modes it shouldn't be too hard to update that.

So please update that 🙏

All the best

PS: I was hoping for more replies/views so I wrote in English... sorry for any false grammar.

6 REPLIES 6
Marty313
Navigator
Options

Thanks a lot for your post! I have the same complaint to make about kayaking, rowing, and nordic skiing: NO GPS, no cadence. That is a shame as exercise tracking for cycling is excellent! Actually, some of the best I ever had on a smartwatch (TicWatch Pro 3 GPS, Suunto 7).

Galaxy Watch4 Classic 

rhoekstra
Student
Options

Yeah, I just got home and was unpleasantly surprised that my exercise wasn't recorded with distance, speed and route.. I feared I did something wrong...

Members_NeYxC4T
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I do confirm the problem. No GPS during skating, meaning no distance and speed measurement. How can we suggest this to Samsung?

0 Likes
Al22553
First Poster
Options
Hi Prof Baum, did you get the problem sorted? I too have this problem and I want to resolve it ASAP but I don't know how
0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I checked today: Rowing has GPS now, but not kayaking. I am disappointed. 

0 Likes
MirceaH
Apprentice
Options

My watch4 GPS stop working after last update (One UI 4.5). Anyone experienced such an issue? The improve accuracy is missing.

0 Likes