Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY WATCH 4, google pay not working.

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 07:00 AM)
kiiiBiiin
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm new here, bought my watch 4 few weeks ago. I bought this watch for few good reason and one of them is this GOOGLE PAY. I installed the google pay from the playstore, then registered all my cards, then it will work few mins to an hour then I got  this error that "Can't use Google Pay, Google pay hasnt launched in this location yet." (attached photo of the error) Tried to uninstall and reinstall it then tried to use it once with one transaction and it worked. unfortunately after few mins I got this error again.processed-533ea696-2e1c-424c-b9da-7bb8e38b14a6_Ng38ctzs.jpeg

I have done all the steps of troubleshooting this issue, including factory reset, changing my country in google setting but still the same. I am currently in UAE where google pay for watch is activated and I should not be  getting this kind of error.  

Tried to check with the local service center, but after trying all the steps that I have already done, there answer to this problem is that I am not using a SAMSUNG PHONE. Isn't it ridiculous? they said that the country of my phone should by under UAE for it to work (which ironic since my phone is also bought from UAE) and the watch country should sync with the phone that's why it is not working. 

I find it hard to believe that the main problem is my phone, so I posted it in reddit and the guy on reddit said he has  One plus phone and his GPAY is working very well.  So its not about the phone. 

Did any of you experience the same thing? any thoughts on this and how can I fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Patriko77
Explorer
Options

Hi.

Did anyone manage to find a solution to this issue????

I have bought Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and have the same problem.

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Reboot your watch. Reinstall the Google Pay app from the Google Play Store on the watch, but don't open the app yet. Reboot your watch. Try to use the Google Pay app normally.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Patriko77
Explorer
Options

Hi.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me.

I've done as you wrote.

- Uninstall Google Wallet

- reboot watch

- install Google Wallet

- reboot watch

- add the card to the app

After that everything seems to be ok, the app works properly. I checked one hour later and it was ok. I paid at the shop with my watch. About 4 hours later was ok as well (evening) but the next morning when I opened the Wallet app I got the same information "Can't use Google Pay: Google Pay hasn't launched in this location yet. Check again soon."

Any solutions?

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Reboot your watch. Reinstall the Google Pay app from the Google Play Store on the watch, but don't open the app yet. Reboot your watch. Try to use the Google Pay app normally.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Patriko77
Explorer
Options
As I wrote it doesn't work for me.
0 Likes