Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY WATCH 4 DROPS PAIRING WITH PHONE AFTER TWO WEEKS OF WORKING GREAT

(Topic created on: 21-01-2022 03:21 PM)
mmd0627
Student
Options

FIRST TWO WEEKS OF OWNING NEW GALAXY WATCH 4, IT DROPS PAIRING WITH PHONE AND I RECEIVE POP UP MESSAGE TO RESET WATCH! WORKED GREAT FIRST TWO WEEKS, WHAT HAPPENED? I ALREADY RESET, WHICH CAUSED ME TO LOSE SETTINGS. THIS RESOLVED THE ISSUE BUT ONLY FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS THEN SAME THING. SAYS PHONE AND WATCH CAN'T PAIR. SO IS SAMSUNG GOING TO FIX OR DO WE ALL NEED TO RETURN OUR WATCHES?!

3 REPLIES 3
nataliiaR
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem twise. Every 2 weeks phone losts pairing with my watch. Watch requires to  reset setups.  Watch - galaxy watch 4 (42mm)

0 Likes
Nabob
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue but it is more irritating since I have to reset it EVERYDAY. It has been a terrible experience, I have the watch for 1 week now and I am already thinking on throwing it away. I have a Redmi Note 8 with MIUI 12 Installed. Have already tried everything.

1-Reboot watch and phone

2 Reboot Bluetooth on watch and phone

3 unpair and pair again

4 erase cache and app data

5 altering language to English in both watch and phone

6 Make first pair with wifi off

7 Disable MIUI optimization (it helped to get the configuration right on the first try)

8 Uninstall Android Web View updates.

9 Give ALL possible permissions to both Galaxy Wear App and plugin

10 Allow automatic start for both plugin and app

Yes the galaxy wear app is up to date. The problem surfaces on the following way: Configuration goes alright and the watch works for a day or two and then out of nowhere (no reboot, full charge in both) the watch does not connect. When I go to check the wear app I shows the first configuration screen, like it has lost all my data. Pairing using the OS Bluetooth does not work. Actually, it shows as the watch has never been paired. If MIUI optimization is on, for some reason it is almost impossible to configure the watch, it took me about two hours to get it. This occurs because the configuration phase freezes at about 80% several times, and when it passes to the next phase, the watch freezes so I have to try everything again

The watch remains working fine, it just cannot comunicate with the phone anymore.

My watch is the Galaxy Watch4 44mm

Please, I need a fix on this, if anyone can help.

0 Likes
Smoldat
Apprentice
Options

I had this problem for the first time today. Reset my watch and deleted cache/data from the wear app. 

Now it won't even pair after resetting. Tells me that Pin/Password is incorrect during the pairing process. The number we are supposed to compare is similar on both devices, so this does not make sense. 

0 Likes