Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 - dissuaded in buying

(Topic created on: 13-08-2021 08:05 AM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options

Originally I was looking at possibly upgrading from an active 2 to the watch 4 classic, but after seeing reports online and chatting to UK Support, I've now been fully dissuaded in buying the new watch.

WearOS is universal across android brands and this was one thing I was looking forward to for switching back to a WearOS watch. But it transpires from the information provided that a lot of features will not work unless you have a Samsung phone.

I've also been told the new watch will only provide 10 hours of battery. Seriously it can't last a full day? That has to be incorrect information from support surely.

I don't want to be tied to a manufacturer and if I swap phones I want my watch to still work.

What a pity Samsung wish to lock the watch down so only properly works with their phones.
9 REPLIES 9
JasonYork
Journeyman
Options
Huawei band 6. Sleek. And can track all the workouts no bother. 14 day battery life.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Won't ever have another Huawei device, their support is appalling and they stop supporting their devices after 6 months.
0 Likes
JasonYork
Journeyman
Options
Mix n match. Watches are brilliant. The new P50 is not even 5G.....OMG. what's the point. It's a camera that can call people.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
What's that got to do with this thread? Your post makes no sense.
0 Likes
JasonYork
Journeyman
Options
No idea. Who cares it's just a thread about watches. N tech. N someone saying they would never have anothe Huawei
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
My thread was to do with why I'm dissuaded against buying the watch 4 and to provide feedback to Samsung, not about purchasing other watches from other brands.
Just because you have issues with your note, don't start hijacking other posts.
0 Likes
JasonYork
Journeyman
Options
I don't have issues with my note it's ace. It's just a discussion. Hijacked is a strong sense of humor
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
In the end I've ended up purchasing it due to the trade-in and discounts along with the £75 Google play store credit, I'll still have my S20FE for another 18 months, so for the overall price can't complain
0 Likes
Muhammdi555
First Poster
Options

Consider potential downsides before buying the Galaxy Watch 4. Users have reported occasional software glitches and compatibility issues with third-party apps. Additionally, some find its battery life to be relatively short compared to other smartwatches in the market.

0 Likes