Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 disconnects from phone after Google Assistant update

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 05:53 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Be warned about installing this app, it seems its already preinstalled and requires an update, but you will find battery drains faster and after a period of time it disconnects your wat h from your phone and requires setting up again.

Not happy is an understatement 
4 REPLIES 4
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I disabled the voice activation and set it to x2 button press short cut, I've had no disconnection issues and since disabling voice trigger I've had minimal battery impact, still getting 2 to 3 days (although I charge every other day at most)

Edit: I use the watch 4 classic bluetooth 46mm and s21 fe 5g
(Just thought I'd add this as it seems relevant)

Hope you get to the bottom of it :smiling-face:
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I didn't enable voice detection, had it where needed to select it.
It's first time I've never had the disconnection before and it seems others have had same problem.

I'm using the GW4 Classic 46mm LTE paired to Samsung S20FE 5G.

You have to factory reset the watch to reconnect it back to phone.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure what to say (sorry).

I've not needed to reinstall it, it worked immediately after update and apart from disabling voice trigger I've not needed to tinker with it.

I only use it to turn lights/tv on and off occasionally.

I've just checked my battery consumption and its not listed in the 14 entries I have since last charge and only displaying 0.1% battery usage over the last 7 days.

In any event I hope you get it figured out as factory resetting the watch regularly is a real pain in the butt. Especially if you've bought watch faces off the google store.

Best of luck
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I had not tinkered with it at all, it was preinstalled and just required an update to work.
Noticed since installing I'm charging the watch more even though I don't use the GA on it.
Today I put it on charge then later noticed my phone saying it had disconnected and no notification to say it was charged.
Didn't think much to it but when I went into Galaxy Wear app it said only my Buds were setup and not my watch.
Rebooted both devices and still no connection. Went through adding another device and watch waa there but needed adding as new device which resulted in a factory reset of the watch.
0 Likes