Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 - Deactivate "Deactivation Gesture" [sic!]

(Topic created on: 04-04-2023 04:56 PM)
Sinistrum
Journeyman
Options

Dear community,

I would please like to ask for your help concerning the following issue.

Is there a way to deactivate the "deactivation gesture"? With this (perhaps) neologism, I refer to the watch automatically turning off its display when tilted into certain postures.

I assume, when one activates the "activation gesture" option, this kind of automatism is rather reasonable, for the the activation gesture causing the watch's screen to turn on frequently.

However, I purposely turned this feature off and purposely scaled down the "screen time out" on the lowest possible value (hence, battery life should be saved). Still, when tilted "unluckily", the watch turns off its screen (e.g., let us assume, I am carrying my groceries, receive an e-mail, want to read it, but, due to the fact I have my arms positioned into a rather "funny" angle due to my clumsiness and the load, the screen will constantly turn off).

Yours sincerely,
Mario

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Benji96
Voyager
Options

To my knowledge, that isn't possible. It will always auto-disable the screen, even with Always on Display enabled (where it'll just show a digital time and show the background blurred when you're in an app or on a widget).

0 Likes
Lee-R
First Poster
Options

I have looked for this solution myself. Being unable to activate my screen and keep it active really makes me wonder what they were thinking building in such a handicap to what would otherwise be a fantastic product. I literally cannot activate my watch and show someone my watch face as the screen turns off.  The limitations that come with this auto deactivate means I will not be continuing to select a Samsung Watch for my next wearable device as it simply will not remain activated when I require it. I really hope Samsung fixes this. It really turns a 9.8 out of 10 device into a 4 out of 10.

0 Likes