Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 'Couldn't copy your Google Accounts'

(Topic created on: 29-06-2022 08:46 PM)
Mati Sklepowicz
Student
Options

Hello,

I have read countless threads about this problem and tried most solutions and this feature is still yet not working for me.

Samsung A21 (Bought in the UK)

Galaxy Watch 4 (Bought online via a foreign website)

What happens?

Whenever I try to copy my google account from my phone to my watch, my phone says 'Couldn't copy your Google Accounts', whilst my watch is constantly loading on 'Check your Phone'. 

After pressing 'Next' on my watch to add a google account, my phone screen flashes black for 2 seconds and nothing appears after that. 

I have tried: clearing caches, resetting both my phone and watch, turning off developer settings, turning wifi on and off, etc.

Keep in mind, I do not have a google account linked for Watch Settings > Account and Backup > Google Account, as it does not allow me to add it.

Help is much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Easye
First Poster
Options

I have got the same issue since the update of the galaxy watch.

Tried already the things you mentioned and additionally used a second phone, 2 other Gmail accounts and disabled every biometric feature and also to step authentification. I am not in a family group.

To sum it up: the watch 4 is bad

Mati Sklepowicz
Student
Options

A few days after making this post, I contact Samsung Support and these are the solutions I got:

- Reset both watch & phone several times
- Turn off WiFi on phone

- Turn off Biometrics, Security & Screen Lock on phone

- Make sure to not be using any other google accounts on your phone

- (IF UNDER 13) Make sure to make your account 13+
- Log out and log back in Google Account
- Check for updates for Google Play Services & clear cache
- Clear cache for Galaxy Wearable & Google Play Services
- Remove Google Account from device and add back
- Turn off Developer Options (if on)

- Reset WiFi

For me, I just had to wait a few days and reset both devices a few times and it worked.

0 Likes
nimamrsdy
First Poster
Options

Hi

I had this problem for 2 months. I tried everything and reset my watch several times, with no success.

I connected the VPN client to USA server and after one try, my account data was copied to my watch and the problem completely solved.

Please try USA or Canada VPN Server.

Regards

Nima

deadManN
Student
Options

I had try everything during past month... it the only thing work for me. thank you. I connect using `Cloudflare` `1.1.1.1` `WARP` VPN, and disconnect my `watch 4` Wi-Fi, and just stayed connected using Bluetooth. Then for the first time it asked for password, and then got connected.

0 Likes