Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 connection

(Topic created on: 28-10-2021 06:43 PM)
Franky89
First Poster
Options
Hi. I am on ee and have just purchased a galaxy watch 4. I can make calls if my phone is off but can't receive or send texts or emails. Is this correct? EE have been far from helpful and just keep sending me new esims
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried unpairing before getting the replacement esim?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Franky89: If you have a 4G variant of the Watch 4, then you should be able to send text messages and emails when you're not connected to your phone via Bluetooth. What happens when you attempt to send a message via Apps > Messages? Do you get any error messages? Can you ensure that Mobile Data is switched on, and the following setting is enabled: Settings > Connections > Mobile Network > Auto. 

0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Hey there, I have it on ee as well and it is correct you can make and receive calls with phone off, but only send or receive texts when the phone is on, however (presuming you are using gmail for your email client) if you set up outlook instead for your email accounts (you can do this for your gmail accounts too) and have the plug in on your watch you can send receive emails on watch when phone is off
0 Likes