Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 11:00 PM)
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi , I have recently bought the gw4 classic. tonight when clearing the recent apps I noticed on the screen there's inky black bits round the edge of my screen, it also looks as if the watch face im using is still there slightly when it shouldn't be has anyone with a gw4 had this problem and what has caused it ? The watch isn't even a month old. I only noticed it when it's dark in daylight u can't see it.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Where did you get it from? Possible refurb? I would return it
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
That looks like damage to / leakage on the digitiser and there's also some serious screen burn. Certainly doesn't look new and the digitiser damage will just get worse. The only fix would be a screen replacement. As Robot says then I'd return it as it's clearly damaged.

For comparison, attached is a pic of the same screen on my year old GW4 Classic. 20220822_234637_470_1661208445.jpg
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I bought it from argos it was brand new sealed in the box
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I just reset my watch there and on the recent apps screen the inky black bits are away but if I put the screen at the brightest settings then turn the brightness down to its lowest the black bits start from the edge and come in towards the centre of the screen filling the screen if u get what I mean. I have insurance with argos anyway just a pain in the ***** as its not even 3 weeks old.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Definitely take that back, that is clearly damaged. I would return it whilst you can and under warranty, I know its a real pain but think this, they will prob swap that out, any longer they may ask for it to be repaired which will be even bigger pain in the butt
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
Your right, I would definitely rather it changed under warranty than have to send it away for repair. Cheers bud
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Even though it was sealed then I suspect it may well be a Grade B refurb unit. Currys did similar with me - bought a 'new, sealed' dashcam, had issues once installed & when contacted manufacturer with serial number then was told it was a refurb unit with 3 month warranty rather than 2 year. Currys got it back straight away for refund & tried to deny they were selling refurbs as new.
If Argos play up saying it's a manufacturer warranty claim or repair then stand your ground. It's been clearly defective at the point of purchase so it's an exchange for new or refund.
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
This is what my watch looks like in daylight, u can only see that bleeding in darkness. I'm confused 🤷‍♂️20220823_113540_22_1661250942.jpg
0 Likes