Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic weird problem - rotating bezel and wake-up gesture doesnt work after turning sleep mode on and back off

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 09:22 PM)
Yuval1
First Poster
Options

Hello friends, just got my galaxy 4 watch classic a few days ago and already noticed a weird issue. Every night I go to bed and turn on sleep mode. then when I get up in the morning and turn it off , the rotating bezel and the wake-up gesture dont seem to work at all . I either have to reset the device and then everything works just fine, and one time I just waited for 2 hours and then it came back to work again.

Usually if I do not reset the device non of the two seem to work. 

Any suggestions ? Obviously a software issue. 

Thanks .

6 REPLIES 6
Joe41
Apprentice
Options

I have the same software issue. Any word Samsung?

0 Likes
bootsemytches
First Poster
Options
Me too. Mine is set to wake screen when I raise my wrist or rotate bezel and noticed it stopped working since watch was update a few days ago. Bezel also doesn't work to take me into apps or cycle through them. Restarted my watch earlier which initially fixed it, but a few hours later not working as it should again. Presumed the latest software update has caused this. Bit disappointing as I don't want to travel to a service centre to resolve. Mine's a Watch4 Classic 46mm.
Joe41
Apprentice
Options

This keeps happening to my watch, whether I enable bedtime mode or not, no matter the watch face. Reboot is the only way to resolve. At this rate, I'm rebooting my watch one to several times a day due to software issues. Please advise Samsung. 

0 Likes
MrCju
First Poster
Options

Has this issue been resolved. My watch 4 classic has the same issue and is only resolved when I restart.

I hope samsung reverts

Joe41
Apprentice
Options

Nope, my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46mm is still having this issue on a daily basis, regardless of watchface, soft reset, hard reset (so save yourself the pain). 

0 Likes
DanParry
Explorer
Options
I've had this issue from the start last November or so and while it hasn't gone away, it has evolved. Initially, it was the problem described by OP, but earlier (like an hour ago), the bezel failed to work in the apps list

I've also experienced it when trying to navigate into notifications or quick tiles, and in other apps. It appears to have no pattern I can see

While I'd like Samsung to fix this issue, I'd prefer something to improve battery life! I can get through a day but only by not using anything. It's made worse by the charging time (which is from 2015)

It's such a shame because I love this watch, but for practicality I might have to switch back to the Active 2. Google software is rubbish. Should have stayed with Tizen (a proper watch OS)
0 Likes