Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Swimming.

(Topic created on: 14-09-2021 04:20 PM)
Saxy
Navigator
Options

Has anyone tried swimming in their watch? I swim a couple of times a week and want to use it, but I am scared it will drown! It's a lot of money to risk it!

I usually do breaststroke, so while watch is always in water, it isn't very deep. Seems a bit of a grey area. 
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Saxy: The Galaxy watch 4 is designed for regular use in normal swimming conditions, so you'll be fine to use it at your local pool. The manual does advise against diving into the pool while wearing the watch, due to the sudden change in water pressure. You should also rinse it with fresh water and dry it with a clean, soft cloth or towel following your swim. 

Saxy
Navigator
Options
Many thanks for confirming 😊
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I used the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm for swimming without problems.

Saxy
Navigator
Options
Thank you 😊
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I even used it in a chlorinated water pool on 2 occasions (alongside a 2nd hand Galaxy Watch ("1")...). No problems, but I took care to rinse it in fresh water after swimming.

Saxy
Navigator
Options
Yes, i swim in a chlorinated pool. I used it last night and rinsed in fresh water afterwards. Seems fine 🙂 thank you.
EScott
First Poster
Options

Hi, how long can you swim with it on for in a chlorinated pool?

0 Likes
Saxy
Navigator
Options
Hi, usually around 30 mins.
0 Likes
Yka
Apprentice
Options

Watch 4 is not very useful while swimming and manual and it's IP rating is very mixed what it really can handle (mostly because it's not really suitable for swimming, but that can not be written due marketing) . While on water watch uses battery from 100% to 0 % in less than 2 hours. It would use battery faster, but it's spending most of the time in cooling thus extended battery life.

Saying you should not jump to the water while wearing watch is saying it's not suitable for swimming ( as a sport ).

0 Likes