Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 02:50 PM)
DanParry
Explorer
Options
Has anyone else had recent issues with sleep tracking? All this week I've either had no sleep registered or only a fraction of my actual sleep time 

I'm getting really disillusioned with Samsung at the moment and I'm considering a very expensive change of company if things don't change in the next year 
27 REPLIES 27
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Have you rebooted the watch, holding both buttons down until it turns off itself. You can also try wiping the cache. https://youtu.be/n7cNwgd8GIQ
If it still has issues then send the error report. But a reboot has been known to fix.
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Is your samsung health app set to unrestricted battery use?

Apologies if this has already been asked/checked I haven't read the entire thread.

I was having sleep/ snore issues on the Galaxy watch 4 with a s21 fe 5g.

I went into
Settings > Apps > samsung health > battery
And selected unrestricted

I still have issues with snore detection but that's only when I enable
"Battery protection"

Techs are looking into this for me using the error report that's already been mentioned to you.

(I also set the bpm app and wearables to unrestricted but I don't think that was necessary)

I hope you get to the bottom of it.
Good luck
DanParry
Explorer
Options
That's a good point, thanks. I forgot about the battery restrictions on that app. I've set that up now
DanParry
Explorer
Options
Yep, rebooted it twice. I've cleared the cache again and unrestricted the Health app, as suggested below. I'll see how it goes tonight and check it first thing in the morning. I'll send in a report when I wake up, but I might not be available for part of the day owing to an emergency hospital visit
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Best of luck let us know how you get on, if the android os is task killing it mid sleep it should stop now. I hope it does for you anyway :smiling-face:
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for doing that, @DanParry, and good luck for your hospital visit tomorrow. 👍

DanParry
Explorer
Options
I'll try to get the report through tomorrow, or an update if it records correctly

If it does report correctly, I'll monitor it for a week and report the accuracy next weekend
0 Likes
DanParry
Explorer
Options
That's the strange thing: it recorded from 0358 to ~0800 which is a block in the middle of my actual sleep (~0200-1000). Had it recorded, say, 0200-0530, I'd assume the task being killed but it's almost like it wasn't paying attention then got bored
0 Likes
DanParry
Explorer
Options
Thank you!
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I guess time will tell buddy (literally lol) worst case scenario if it still misbehaves there is always the error reporting route, it did clear up my spotty sleep tracking so hopefully it may sort yours too if not I'm sure tech/error team will get to the bottom of it