Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 04:39 PM)
DanParry
Explorer
Options
Has anyone else had recent issues with sleep tracking? All this week I've either had no sleep registered or only a fraction of my actual sleep time 

I'm getting really disillusioned with Samsung at the moment and I'm considering a very expensive change of company if things don't change in the next year 
27 REPLIES 27
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @DanParry! Have a look at the following useful link from our friends in the US, which may help.

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have had not any any issues with sleep tracking at al on the GW4 classicl, if anything it got better

0 Likes
DanParry
Explorer
Options
Not sure if I'm being dim, but I can't see a link
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @DanParry 

Just click on the words 'useful link' in my post and it should pop up. If not, this is the full link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090402/ 

DanParry
Explorer
Options
Yep, I was being dim! Everything in that article is what I've already done. The thing is, it's been fine for months and only started this behaviour in the last week. It doesn't coincide with an update

Last night it picked up on 3.5 hours sleep where I had around 8 hours. That's just an example
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange! Have you made any changes to the strap or the fitting of the Watch on your wrist? Also, could you check that the software on the Watch is up to date? Go to the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone > Watch settings > Watch software update > Download and install.

DanParry
Explorer
Options
Nothing changed, strap hasn't been adjusted and fits perfectly. I've just checked and my HR and everything else is being recorded flawlessly. Whenever I sleep, I always set Bedtime mode
0 Likes
DanParry
Explorer
Options
Also, I check for software updates, including OS, every other day because I'm nothing if not optimistic!
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks, @DanParry. I'm sure our engineers would like to look into this. I'd recommend submitting an Error report:

1. Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on your paired phone within 15 minutes of experiencing an issue. 

2. Tap More (the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner). 

3. Tap Contact us. 

4. Tap Error reports. 

5. The first time you tap the Error reports option, you'll be asked to confirm whether to send system log data Always or Only once (we'll need the system log data to thoroughly investigate). 

5.1. We would recommend selecting Always, as if you need to send further Error    reports in the future, this will save you some time. 

6. Choose an Error report category to submit. 

7. Complete the required details (adding any images/screenshots using the paperclip icon), and send the report. 

Please allow some time for the team to get back to you with the results of their investigation.

I am sure this will facilitate you in getting the sleep tracking working correctly again.

Please keep us updated.