Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic screen goes off by turning the watch

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 04:23 PM)
Laziip
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I just bought a new watch 4 classic (BT 42mm) 3 days ago. 

I have issue with the screen, it turns off by itself just when i turn my wrist watchface away from me. This is really annoying because i cannot see notifications at all without waking the screen manually. 

Does anybody else have this same kind of issue and any suggestions how i can turn this feature off? I had watch 3 before and with that there was no problem like this. 

I just want the screen to wake up automatically (when new notification comes) and stay on until i cover it by my hand or after the 15 sec pass by. Sorry for my bad english, hope you get what i meant this post.

37 REPLIES 37
mel_shenron
First Poster
Options

I am so glad that I am not alone in having this issue. I've had this problem since I purchased my Galaxy Watch Classic. I think it's crazy that Samsung don't include it as a selectable option that you can disable. If they allow you to disable the "raise to wake" feature, they should have an option to disable 'turn the screen off when I lower my wrist'.

Also, I saw that there was a suggestion of turning "Always On Display" on, but for me at least that doesn't solve the issue, it will still cause the screen to turn off when you lower your wrist. Pretty annoying design.

rob_levine
First Poster
Options

100% this issue. I simply want to be able to disable "screen off when wrist is lowered" or have it observe the screen off timeout instead of being instant.

This ruins the ability to have the watch faces behave the way you want. Real shame and hope they fix the feature.

Zelorg
First Poster
Options

Yes. Please samsung. Get your ***** together. I wanted a Smart Watch. One that I could glance at and get the info I needed hands free but I find myself having to remain motionless so I can hopefully keep the screen awake or having to manually touch the Watch to wake it back up. My gear s3 was perfect. I thought this would just be an extension of that. But all I'm finding is this one giant flaw leaving me disappointed. Make it an option to turn off this feature. And I use feature loosely. It's garbage. Also while you are at it can you make it to where you can sync system sounds from your phone? I have preset sounds on my zfold that I've gotten use to and would love to be able to use those on the Watch but instead I can't. This watch is just disappointing. Seriously thinking about just returning it. 

Walmiltur
Navigator
Options

Same thing happen to me. At first I thought that my watch had some issues, but then I realized that it's just like that on purpose.

I don't think the watch is disappointing, it's a really good product, but they have to fix things like that. I hope they will soon. 

Rueges
Student
Options

Unfortunately I wouldn't bet on it. I've tried to reach out with no success. While yes overall this watch is better than the 3, I don't even use the extra features this watch has over the 3 enough to warrant any benefit, and with this issue (and my biggest like of having a watch, to read notifications as they come in without having to pull my phone out and in repeatedly at work) Completely negates any "benefit" of having this new watch. For the first time in my life, I'm fairly certain I will be "downgrading" an electronic item.

capi_noha
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Very,very annoying. Compared to the original galaxy watch I'm switching from, it's a big downgrade. Please, Samsung make a choice options. Under such these conditions, displaying notifications are useless.

kipeti
First Poster
Options

Same here. It is very annoying bug. Pls, fix it.

spongepaul
First Poster
Options

Agreed.  This is a major flaw in design.  The other galaxy watches did not have this BUG!

tas3
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Super annoying. It's specifically the "feature" that turns the display off when it thinks you are putting your arm/wrist away.  The fix for samsung engineers is to activate  only after the watch has been interacted with physically. please fix samsung! 

Members_tUHzLhY
First Poster
Options

i'm also finding this feature very annoying! please change it so we can enable or disable it ourselves.