Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic screen goes off by turning the watch

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 09:43 PM)
Laziip
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I just bought a new watch 4 classic (BT 42mm) 3 days ago. 

I have issue with the screen, it turns off by itself just when i turn my wrist watchface away from me. This is really annoying because i cannot see notifications at all without waking the screen manually. 

Does anybody else have this same kind of issue and any suggestions how i can turn this feature off? I had watch 3 before and with that there was no problem like this. 

I just want the screen to wake up automatically (when new notification comes) and stay on until i cover it by my hand or after the 15 sec pass by. Sorry for my bad english, hope you get what i meant this post.

37 REPLIES 37
Jim Jalil
Journeyman
Options

I tried your solution, now it takes the opposite wrist twist direction to shut the screen off!!! 😀

0 Likes
tas3
Apprentice
Options

OMG. This!!! Thank you! 

I ditched the Galaxy Watch 4 because of this issue and battery life. Just bought the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and this issue still exists. This looks like it fixes it. Just switched the setting a couple hours ago and I haven't had a hiccup. I can now raise up my wrist to look at the notification without anxiety 

0 Likes
PowerScissor
Apprentice
Options

Doesn't changing "orientation" setting then make your ECG measurements wrong?

0 Likes
MadMonk
First Poster
Options

I may have found the solution here...try going into the setting on the wearable app, Advanced features, Sleep mode and turn off Sync Sleep mode off.

0 Likes
DCBeck
First Poster
Options

If you are having the issue where the watch display shuts off after raise wrist to wake feature then use this workaround. Changing the orientation setting from left wrist to right wrist now keeps the display on longer than a millisecond. Thank you! 

Edit: Nevermind. Thanks anyways. 

0 Likes
Clarkie1
First Poster
Options
Its mostly annoying for me when I try to use Google pay because I go to turn my wrist to pay but the screen turns off so the nfc stops.
0 Likes
brettmorris
First Poster
Options

it's been over a year with no fix in sight. A simple setting to allow us to change the 5 second timeout is all that is needed. 

0 Likes
Mish1
First Poster
Options

I'm actually looking to turn it on 💀

My Active 2 used to have this feature and I personally loved it. Turn wrist to face me, it turns on. Face wrist away, it turns off.

I have the 6 classic now and the screen won't turn off when I turn my wrist away or even cover it with my palm (fully touching the screen), so idk. To me, it seems like an issue if turning it away doesn't turn it off. The palm thing, too.

0 Likes