Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic screen goes off by turning the watch

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 06:48 PM)
Laziip
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I just bought a new watch 4 classic (BT 42mm) 3 days ago. 

I have issue with the screen, it turns off by itself just when i turn my wrist watchface away from me. This is really annoying because i cannot see notifications at all without waking the screen manually. 

Does anybody else have this same kind of issue and any suggestions how i can turn this feature off? I had watch 3 before and with that there was no problem like this. 

I just want the screen to wake up automatically (when new notification comes) and stay on until i cover it by my hand or after the 15 sec pass by. Sorry for my bad english, hope you get what i meant this post.

37 REPLIES 37
Jim Jalil
Journeyman
Options

Same thing here. Also while I am swimming the work out screen comes on as scheduled but goes away fast because of hand movement. I tried chating with Samsung techs but they do not know their own product.

0 Likes
Ricronjun
First Poster
Options

Hi. 

I have been annoyed by the same issue. The only way around it I found was to turn off battery saver. Once it is running full power it seems it becomes less dumb and a little smarter. Overpriced watch.

0 Likes
Walmiltur
Navigator
Options

I don't think that someone in here keep the battery saving on. I never used it and my watch turn off the screen everytime i turn my wrist. It's designed in that way, it's not a defect.

0 Likes
Ricronjun
First Poster
Options

Hi Walmir. I am curious what makes you think people may use or not battery saving on? Just because you don't use it, there are people who may. I am pointing out that there is a difference in the watch behavior when battery saver is on or off. It's worth checking the screen keeps on when the wrist is turned. 

0 Likes
Jim Jalil
Journeyman
Options

If you are referring to Power Saving mode, mine is off and still display goes off by the wrist movement. I agree it is by design, and latest update didn't fix it. 😢

Walmiltur
Navigator
Options

Just because the power saving mode is an emergency option if you are low in battery and needs to keep it on until you can charge it. People can use it whenever they want for sure, but it's not the normal use. Just ask in here how many people are using it regularly.

In my case i don't use it and the watch beahve like the OP said. Obviously there are differences when the power saving is on, but i think that the people want to understand if it's normal that the screen turn off when the wrist is turned without any power saving mode activated. 

P.s. i don't know if the screen turn off too with the power saving on, i have to try.

0 Likes
Members_gGP69J5
First Poster
Options

Very annoying,  please put a 3 second timer on notifications would help!

0 Likes
Murtada
First Poster
Options

Why havent they fixed this yet? I just got this watch and im seriously thinking of returning it

davidleach
First Poster
Options

This MUST be fixed.  It has to be easy to make a setting for this.  

GW4user
First Poster
Options

I switched the orientation setting from left wrist to right. Now when I raise my wrist, the notification doesn't go away. I don't use the "raise wrist to wake" feature though, so that may make that feature not work. Anyway, not a true fix, but potentially a work around.