Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic screen goes off by turning the watch

(Topic created on: 06-09-2021 04:23 PM)
Laziip
Apprentice
Options

Hello. I just bought a new watch 4 classic (BT 42mm) 3 days ago. 

I have issue with the screen, it turns off by itself just when i turn my wrist watchface away from me. This is really annoying because i cannot see notifications at all without waking the screen manually. 

Does anybody else have this same kind of issue and any suggestions how i can turn this feature off? I had watch 3 before and with that there was no problem like this. 

I just want the screen to wake up automatically (when new notification comes) and stay on until i cover it by my hand or after the 15 sec pass by. Sorry for my bad english, hope you get what i meant this post.

37 REPLIES 37
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Is this what you mean? (Advanced notification settings)Screenshot_20210906-172911_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin~2.jpg
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Also, display settingsScreenshot_20210906-173120_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_29268.jpg
0 Likes
Laziip
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, I know about those, but those are only waking up the screen. My problem is that the screen goes off when i turn wrist and i dont like that. 

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Been having this issues on two SG4 watches tried everything on this forum, turning off do not disturb I thought solved it but its at it again. Very annoying, a few threads here and Samsung pretend no issue.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Ang144
Pioneer
Options
Mine does the same. Notification comes on but hey if you dont look at it and happens you be at work, dont hope for it, as soon as you put your hand down screen goes off. Nothing to be done in the settings option, all on or all off, watch still does it. My husbands GW3 was doing the same, his GW4 Classic too, mine GW4 same. I presume is made the way it is to prevent unwanted notifications peak by people around you and save you screen time and battery. But thats just a guess. Personally I dont like it. Freaks me out, my Active 2 was ok. Notification comes on, screen stays on for the time has been set to and you have time to look at it before goes off
leonsio4
First Poster
Options

Same issue...

The screen goes off very fast (within milliseconds) when a notification has come.

Any fix ?

Rueges
Student
Options

No, you made yourself perfectly clear. For me, this is 100% the biggest issue with this watch, and it's absolute most major flaw. I'm fairly certain Samsung implemented this feature as a convinience thing (like hey, all you have to do is turn your watch away or put your wrist down to turn off screen, don't even have to press anything!) In theory, it sounds good. In real world usage, it is utterly terrible. If you are doing anything that is not stationary when a notification comes in, just you simply raising the watch to look at your notification turns the watch face off. The exact OPPOSITE of what's needed. I'm glad I have found someone else with the same issue, as quite frankly this is a MAJOR issue, yet when you search about it online you find practically nothing.  Biggest problem is, besides not knowing who to even contact about this issue, is the fact that you can practically guarantee that nothing will be done about it. And the fact that they put this feature in the watch but did not include an option in the settings to turn it off is insane. If anyone has any info to correct this or update on the matter, I will be paying attention here, and hopefully a solution will come soon.

aniujual
First Poster
Options

Yeap, same thing happens over here. I've reported the issue to Samsung and their solution was to activate the AOD in order for the screen not to go off :))

Thing is the "feature" is awful and sooner or later I'll get fed up with it if they don't change it and it will make me switch from GW4 to some other brand, unfortunately.

Laziip
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for all the replies. Still haven't found a solution to this problem so I returned my GW4 to the store. I was thinking to wait few weeks and buy a new one, maybe they release a new update where you have option to shut this "feature" off.