Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic - Samsung Health app workouts - audio guide sound volume is too low

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 08:05 AM)
AlterJaro
Apprentice
Options

Watch 4 Classic with Android OS - Samsung Health app's workout audio guide sound volume is too low while listening to the music directly from watch. Both sources "audio guide" and "Samsung Music" are managed by "Media Volume".

While listening to the music from Watch 4 Classic while running, with the "Media Volume" set for 50% (which is already loud with Galaxy Buds Pro or Hauwei AM61) and when workout's audio guide kicks in lowering music audio track volume about 30% it's still too loud for workout audio guide to be heard. Is it possible to somehow boost audio guide volume? Or does Samusng thinks about separating music and audio guide volumes? Alternatively it would work to connect the audio guide volume with Notifications volume instead of the Multimedia volume?
I had not such problems with Samsung Galaxy Watch (first gen).
At the moment I am forced to modify / convert all the songs I put on Watch 4 Classic by lowering file volume about 70% to hear workout audio guide while listening to those audio files directly from watch.

11 REPLIES 11
zitaflor
Explorer
Options

I have the problem with to phone, sound is much too soft to understand anything ( volume is at maximum) , in a room with no background noise and watch 4 to the ear this goes, otherwise not, my previous huawei watch 2 GT could do this without problems, even with talking people around me. The music can play loud though.
Hopefully there will be a software adjustment, the hardwaere clearly works loud enough.

0 Likes
Marcelo Bernardes
Apprentice
Options

At least you have some output. My Watch4 46mm LTE emits no audio guide at all.

0 Likes
vikisch
Student
Options

I have the same problem on outdoor workout with the audio guide sound volume from a Galaxy Watch 4 and with Galaxy Buds+ InEars. I listen to music on the watch with Spotify and can’t lowering file volume before upload to watch. When an announcement comes from the workout audio guide, the music volume is reduced slightly, but I still don't understand the audio guide well, because it is too quiet. The audio guide should ideally be louder (and/or) the music should be even quieter or pause during the announcement and then continue to play.

0 Likes
honnes
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same issue. I just changed from Watch 1 to Watch 4 active. I don't hear anything from the audio guide (imho its turned off). No matter if I have spotify turned on. With spotify turned on, the spotify volume is being lowered, and stays that way.

However, the audio guide of a normal walk is good... and there's only 1 option for "all activities". I'd have expected the same results.

0 Likes
honnes
Apprentice
Options

Anyone who has found a / the solution for  this without having to go through a lot of trouble? This is still quite annoying and makes me almost want to go back to the 1st gen watch just for this feature working flawlessly.

The recent update(s) haven't made the difference either.

Marcelo Bernardes
Apprentice
Options

I had to change the Text-to-Speech to Google's service. This workaround worked for all exercises. To try it out, go to Settings/General/Preferred Engine and select Google Speech.

honnes
Apprentice
Options

Thank  you very much! I haven't been this motivated to run in a while haha.

This worked for me with spotify turned on and tried it on a 'walk' with audio freq. 1 -minute and just sit t here and wait.

Only thing I did - which probably won't make the real change - is that you can also tick t he box (at preferred engine) which makes the speech louder than other audio. 

For me this resulted in spotify running and a louder TTS voice and spotify continueing normally. Haven't tried with bluetooth plugs, but just with the in built speakers.

Marcelo Bernardes
Apprentice
Options

Great! Thanks for reminding us. Checking up louder TTS voice really helps audio guide hearing.  And it works fine with my bluetooth buds.

0 Likes
DennisHasselbach
First Poster
Options

This worked for me, super thanks! 

0 Likes