Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic - rapid battery drain on some days

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 10:04 AM)
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options

I've had my watch about a month or so now and I've noticed that some days the battery only lasts a few hours. Has anyone else had this rapid draining or know of a fix?

13 REPLIES 13
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
I'll try this, thanks. Does make me think though that what's the point in having an LTE version? The cons seem to far outweigh the pros.
0 Likes
szelee
Explorer
Options
I faced the similar issue on Bluetooth version. Only the update released yesterday had improved the battery life a bit but still getting less than 20% battery left after 24 hours.
0 Likes
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
Just an update: This definitely works. I'm 36 hours in and still have 22% battery. Only thing is the watch basically counts steps and tells the time if I activate the screen.
0 Likes
SmallBoxMaker
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy Watch 3 but had the same problem and I think I found the culprit.  For me, the proximity between the paired phone and the watch definitely impacts battery drain.

Somedays I carry my phone and some days I leave it on my desk.  I found that when I'm more than 25 feet away from the phone the watch battery drops very fast (5-10% per hour) but when I carry the phone the battery drain is only about 2% per hour.

I used to charge my phone overnight in my office and found the watch (which I was wearing) would be nearly dead by morning.  Moving the charger to the nightstand solved that problem.

Obviously it shouldn't be necessary to carry the phone with an LTE watch, but this observation explained what I was seeing.

Of course YMMV.

John

0 Likes