Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic - rapid battery drain on some days

(Topic created on: 16-10-2021 10:53 PM)
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options

I've had my watch about a month or so now and I've noticed that some days the battery only lasts a few hours. Has anyone else had this rapid draining or know of a fix?

13 REPLIES 13
Beth_S
Pathfinder
Options

@Kantdog Have you checked your software is up to date on your watch? Go to the Galaxy Wearables app > About watch > Update watch software > Update now.

thehypnootoad
Journeyman
Options
Just purchased this watch last night exactly the same issue.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kantdog @thehypnootoad This can sometimes be attributed to health tracking features, if they're set to continuous, or to some apps where frequent syncing occurs. Can you take a look at the steps below, to see if you notice an improvement?

- Disable Watch Always On, if applicable, via Settings > Display > Watch Always On.
- Disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use
- Disable unused health features, such as the Heart Rate Tracker, by heading to Samsung Health > Settings > Measurement > Manual Only

0 Likes
carl123
Explorer
Options
Disable every feature you bought the watch for, might aswell just switch it of at this point lol its shocking how poor the battery life actually is
Alex the 3
First Poster
Options

Since last Samsung update, watch does not seem to last a day on without charging.

0 Likes
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
Basically sums up how I feel about it now. It's a 12 hour battery at best.
sjd101
Student
Options
Went out without my phone tonight. Got LTE version so wasn't bothered about leaving phone behind. Battery went from 95% to 0 in 3 hours! Noticed rapid drain yesterday when I turned phone off in the cinema. Not good enough. Mines getting returned
Kantdog
Pioneer
Options
I did this..to give an example I charged the watch before bed. Put it on at 1030pm and it's completely dead now. 18 hours tops with every health feature turned to manual. And I don't have WhatsApp notifications on either so this will be sent back as its not fit for purpose.
0 Likes
zagladacz
Explorer
Options

Do you have LTE version?

If yes, sometimes (I didn't find the spot) if your LTE connection settings is set to auto,  galaxy watch is switching  to LTE even when connected to phone via BT.

This causing HUGE battery drain around 10% per 1hr. 

First solution is to to reboot. your watch, second one is to disable LTE (set to manual).

Regarding battery time - yesterday was a record - 48hrs and 7% battery remain. 

0 Likes