Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic not auto-detecting workouts

(Topic created on: 04-10-2021 06:58 PM)
forgottenlife
Student
Options

Hi, I am having real trouble getting my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic to auto-detect workout reliably.  I returned the first Watch 4, due to the same issue, I was hoping it would be a one off defect.  The replacement watch has now arrived, unfortunately it is still not auto-detecting workouts reliably (walking and running mainly).  It only manages to detect correctly 3 out of 10 times.  My old Active Watch 2 correctly detect walking and running after 10 mins of activity, each and every time.  

I have gone through all the Samsung Health app settings, watch settings, permissions, and have even taken it into a Samsung store.   Has anyone experience the same?  Does Samsung has any suggestion?  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Scrumdidly
Pioneer
Options
Have you checked the settings on the watch..

Go to settings and Samsung Health then touch Activities to Detect
0 Likes
forgottenlife
Student
Options
That was one of the first things I checked. I even checked permissions of Samsung Health app and all were set to allow. The strange thing is that it does auto - detect sometimes, but only around 30% of the times. My old Watch Active 2 detects 100% of workouts
develvic
Student
Options

I have the same issue with detecting workouts on GW4 Classic 42mm. The strangest is that some exercises are tracked good enough (e.g. about 95% of shoulder presses), but some are not detected at all (like Lateral raises). This is a serious issue as Galaxy Watch 4 was promoted as a fitness tracker and should be fixed ASAP.

0 Likes
Anwender1
Voyager
Options

@forgottenlifeSame to me with a GW 5. Have had a GWA2 thats auto-detection of workouts (walking) worked fine. Do you have any solution?

Because of this I bought two GW5 - both didn't work to me.

0 Likes