Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic no deep sleep on sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 01:47 PM)
Rolotomasee
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Anyone else have this issue where galaxy watch 4 classic records very little to no deep sleep? 3 mins some nights out of 7 hours total sleep. Wore an old fitbit charge 2 one night with the galaxy watch 4 classic and fitbit reported 1hr 20mins deep sleep, galaxy reported 20mins. Any ideas how to fix this? 

129 REPLIES 129
HimUseTechnology
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew. To answer your question, maybe. Any idea about what would be causing it? Is there anything that can be done to resolve it?

0 Likes
Edwsrd1kane
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here, I'm getting 0-3 deep sleep. I've been a Fitbit user for years and took for granted that all the sensors just worked. Unfortunatly on the galaxy watch 4 its rarely giving me a resting heart, deep sleep seems not to work. Samsung what is going on, I already returned my first watch 4 and I'm on to my second one but it's having the same issues. Looking back on other  posts this seems to have been an issue dating back to the original galaxy watch but looks like they never tried to fix it. 

0 Likes
alemassei
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me on the new galaxy watch 4.  0 minutes of deep sleep.  i never had this issue before on the first galaxy watch. 

0 Likes
Keen
Apprentice
Options

Now I found the sleep tracking totally not working at all. I slept at 12:45am, the watch 4 detected at 1:38am, never awake in the middle of sleep, but tracked it 28mins awake around 5am. deep sleep 6 mins. Using Garmin Fenix 5 totally tracked differently. Hey Samsung, are you going to fix this sleep tracking issue?!

0 Likes
liam783933
Student
Options
Yep! Same with me... I hope Samsung patches whatever needs fixing!
0 Likes
Maveric09
Student
Options

Same here. I may get 10 minutes here or there. With the Galaxy Watch 3, it was hours.

0 Likes
yrbhan
First Poster
Options

I have had the exact same problem. Ive been tracking my sleep since 5 days, deep sleep is almost non existent. Also, it shows way more awake time than the actual time I was awake. This is my first experience with a smartwatch, pretty horrible so far. My friend's ₹ 3500 (€34) mi band 4 does a far better job at sleep tracking. Totally disappointed. 

I really hope this is fixed in a future software update

0 Likes
nygdb
Student
Options

Same here. Also no snoring tho i'm pretty sure I do.  Other posts re snoring advise it stopped working after 8/25 update. However others got it to work by selecting 1 time only rather than always on.. Will try that tonight for both to see if I get results. My sleep pattern has empty spots.  I supect that is when i am snoring and possible/hopefully in deep sleep.

0 Likes
Ashish1
First Poster
Options

Sam here. I have tried with other watch ..apple and fitbit however,they showed me nearly same result, on the other hand galaxy watch 4 classic shows me 1 min to 5 minutes. And the blood pressure is also not accurate.. 

0 Likes
Fernando3
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. Almost no deep sleep tracking, sometimes just 4 minutes or zero. I wore my fitbit sense and it measured an hour of deep sleep stage.

0 Likes