Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic no deep sleep on sleep tracking

(Topic created on: 12-09-2021 01:47 PM)
Rolotomasee
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

Anyone else have this issue where galaxy watch 4 classic records very little to no deep sleep? 3 mins some nights out of 7 hours total sleep. Wore an old fitbit charge 2 one night with the galaxy watch 4 classic and fitbit reported 1hr 20mins deep sleep, galaxy reported 20mins. Any ideas how to fix this? 

129 REPLIES 129
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
I had an Active2 for 2 years and sleep tracking stats always showed very little deep sleep. I assumed it was me. Same on new watch 4. If it differs from other trackers then either their software is incorrect or else Samsung's!
BinSunnyFL
First Poster
Options

My first Watch 4 44mm recorded no deep sleep time.  I've worn a Fitbit Charge 3 every night for the past 2 years.  I usually get between 45 and 1.5 hrs of deep sleep.  So, I took the first Watch 4 back and got another one.  This one records between 0 and 10 minutes of deep sleep.  Just for comparison, I wore them both to bed for a couple of nights.  Normal results on the Fitbit while the Watch 4 recorded in the 0-4 minute range.  Something is definitely off with deep sleep tracking with these watches.   What's really interested...the only time I've taken a nap since purchasing the Watch 4 was yesterday.  I slept for 1hr 4min and it recorded 22 min of deep sleep.  Not sure why it isn't picking up deep sleep at night.

Brandon123
Apprentice
Options

Placebo effect had me grumpy as hell. Glad I'm not the only one getting completely ripped off by Samsung 

Keen
Apprentice
Options

Same here, 1 time max deep sleep only 6mins, other days 0 mins deep sleep over the whole 1 week. Just bought the watch 4 classic on last Friday. Samsung, please fix this issue. My Mi Band 6 pick up the deep sleep avg 1 hour to 1.5 hours daily. 

zagladacz
Explorer
Options

Same problem here. Almost no deep sleep tracking.

0 Likes
HimUseTechnology
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Some days are worse than others. What's odd is on days I sleep terrible, it reads more deep sleep time, and then on a good night, like last night, 8 hours and 26 min of total sleep and it says I had 0 min of deep sleep. Can't be right.

0 Likes
FrankB4
First Poster
Options

Yes, I am a multi-year Fitbit user and there is a big difference in deep sleep recorded on the Watch4... Almost zero every night and I have worn both devices in one night to confirm the difference. I have a very low resting heart rate and am guessing there is a problem with the Samsung algorithm detecting deep sleep in that case.

Vlad Andrei
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, for the past 3 weeks since I got my watch 4 classic, the minimum is 2minutes and maximum about 34minutes, while with other devices I get way more tracking on deep sleep, samsung has to fix this, we pay premium money for cheap unfinished software

Faodave
Navigator
Options

I'm getting that now, only records a few hours out of the 7 to 8 hour sleep and virtually no deep sleep. I guess hope for a firmware update, wonder how many are like this. 

Faodave
Navigator
Options

All the above issues on mine and some, come on samsung 😞

0 Likes