Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic issues - green light sensor on the back is constantly on or flashing, and draining battery

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 03:16 PM)
RossChilds
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I recently bought a galaxy watch 4 classic 46mm Bluetooth, I love the watch but the green light sensor on the back is driving me mad and ruining the battery life. The first couple of weeks it was fine now I have noticed most of the time it is either on constantly as a solid light or flashing constantly. It does this until I take it off and then starts again as soon as I put it back on. I have turned off heart rate, stress and sleep monitors and it still does it and it is getting very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas what may be causing it?
10 REPLIES 10
RossChilds
Apprentice
Options
I have but will try again
0 Likes
NguyenKhaS
First Poster
Options

hello guy, I have same issue with you ? did you resolved this problem yet?

0 Likes
Paragon7777
First Poster
Options

Reset the watch back to factory settings. This fixed mine. Do not even manually run any of the additional health features, even if you go into it and set to manual. This stopped mine from going off all day.

As a side note: after I purchased this watch I realized I have a implant (spinal cord stimulator). If you have an implant of any kind please be careful with the tests this watch can run. I called my rep on this and I was told to make sure my implant was shut off before running any tests (ekg/ stress ect) as it could possibly cause problems. So at least I cought this kind of early after getting the watch and made sure the features were disabled.

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

You shouldn't have to factory reset, just turn off continuous heart rate monitoring and continuous stress monitoring via the Samsung health app on the watch.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Shawsy65
Journeyman
Options
I just received my watch a couple.of weeks back, today I noticed that I couldn't check my messages, I took my watch off and the sensor on the back was flashing blue and I couldn't get it to stop, I checked to make sure that the heart monitor and health apps were switched off, checked for updates. I couldn't swith my phone off it was like it had frozen, eventually managed to switch off and back on the sensor stopped flashing. I do hope that this is not a reoccurring issue. Does anyone know if this is a known fault?
0 Likes
Elliebg
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have my Samsung watch 4 only 3 days now and have the same observation. Personally I think the green light starts malfunctioning when the battery is under 30% full. I have improved the problem by setting the screen activation on tuch, instead of moving your hand up and as well I just charge the watch when see the light malfunctioning. Really hope Samsung solve this issue soon. Best regards 

AdemOttoman
Student
Options

Hey!

I had this same issue! Please double check in Setting's -> Samsung Health, and make sure that the STRESS and HEART beat monitoring is set to every 10 min OR set to manual. Please do the previous steps on your Smart watch.

Hope this helps!

Aaditya
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, 

I think I have found the cause and solution to it. The cause being, use of 3rd party app for watch faces, which overrides the system settings of monitoring heart rate constantly (although it's turned off at settings) and results in constant flashing of green sensor. 

The solution would be to use a watch face without heart rate sensor or disable the app setting while setting it up (remove the permission to check heart rate). 

Thank you. Hope it helps. 

Cyc0988
Student
Options

Thanks. This is the solution for me! 

0 Likes