08-09-2022 04:22 PM in
After updating to the latest watch firmware last night, today when I went for a run it did not track the route. After further investigation, it seems that GPS is now not working at all on my watch. I think this must be due to the software update as it tracked my run perfectly on Tuesday. Is this a common problem?
09-09-2022 03:34 PM in
After the last firmware update I have had 2 problems:
1. it has count double steps with the same route I do every day, so I'm pretty sure about the step count is not correct
2. I notices at least 3 reboots, one while I was walking and the phone alerted me about lost connection with the watch and two times when I was sit on my office desk
I haven't installed any app recently nor changed any configuration on my phone (galaxy S22 ultra) or watch, only the software update in the watch.
I hate this updates when they make a product worst than before.
10-09-2022 12:40 PM in
So I went out for a run today and I think the problem is solved. Here is what I did:
1. Downloaded an app called 'Wear GPS fix' that I saw recommended on reddit. This bypasses using phone GPS, so you can see if there is a problem. I stood outside for 5 mins and didn't pick up any GPS satellites.
2. When disconnected from phone, I opened the compass app. I flicked down a couple of screens and it asked me to agree to something to do with location, which I did.
3. Retried the Wear GPS fix app, and now when I stand outside it locks on to multiple GPS satellites fairly quickly.
I did notice that the green location symbol on Samsung Health took about 30 seconds to stop flashing at the start of my run, which I think means it takes about that long to lock on. Never noticed it doing that before, but at least it's working now!
10-09-2022 05:30 PM in
24-09-2022 05:34 PM in
I have the very same problem after the latest firmware upgrade. Prior to the update, GPS fix on my galaxy watch 4 classic during my runs took couple of seconds (max few minutes). After the update, GPS fix either takes like 10-20 minutes, or the watch is not able to obtain GPS fix at all during an entire run. Of course, I have tried several complete watch restarts, but no success.
26-09-2022 04:56 AM in
Same problem. Looks like I get gps on the phone samsung health app with limited running metrics or no gps with watch metrics... can't have both? Samsung, my love, what have you done?