Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Gmail notifications are repeated multiple times for same mail

(Topic created on: 20-06-2022 09:41 PM)
Members_BodVfMs
Student
Options

The watch has been absolutely fantastic until the latest update (R890XXU1EVB4). 

After the latest update (R890XXU1EVB4), Gmail notifications are repeated multiple times for same mail (randomly or when other mails are received) until I dismiss all of them.

This is how Gmail notifications work on the watch currently:

- I receive mail1 and I get a notification on the watch for mail1.

- When I receive mail2, I should get a watch notification for mail2, but I get a notification for mail1.

- Each time I get a new mail, on the watch I get the same notification I get for mail1 and this happens until I dismiss/interact/acknowledge the notification for mail1 on the watch or on the phone app, web page.

- During the day, that same notification for mail1 pops up multiple times without me receiving other mails.

- If, on the phone or on the web, I have already replied/dismissed/deleted that mail1, the watch will notify me of the next unread mail (mail2) in my unread list when a new mail, mail3, is received. And it will notify me again and again for mail2 for each new email received.

I did a factory reset on the phone and on the watch too, with no success. The same behaviour.

This was not happening before this latest update (R890XXU1EVB4) and it has been driving me insane.

8 REPLIES 8
snakeyes1000
Student
Options

Yep! Same is happening with Google messages on the watch too.  I can't get notified only on the new messages.  It's like it does try to show the notification, but not the details until you clear away the first and all the others that came in since you last saw it.  

0 Likes
SAMDestroy
Navigator
Options

is there still no fix? i still have this problem 😞

0 Likes
cenz0r
Student
Options

same issue here. 

0 Likes
Ron Morris
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me but also happens with Outlook. Would love Samsung to fix this as I have had to turn off all email notifications completely. 

0 Likes
Pancacke
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue but no fix. If I look in my phone notifications I see that Gmail notification was 3 hours ago - which is right. Then I look in the wear app and it says minutes. 

This drives me nuts so I have disabled notifications for this app. 

Note: the same thing happens for me for voicemails; either during low reception times or just whenever. Irritating.

0 Likes
WesElMaksoud
Apprentice
Options

So, are we all stuck in this with no reply or fix from Samsung techs??!!

I've upgraded my watch to Galaxy 4 recently to get rid of this issue but still suffering!! Anyone got to know a solution for this? 

0 Likes
Members_cReHjiP
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Gmail Notifications always happen multiple times. For one email I was just notified like 4 times. It's very annoying.

0 Likes
Boothen
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me as well. Notifications continually happening until I've cleared them all out.

0 Likes