Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic - First Impressions

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 04:33 PM)
JonCsg
Pioneer
Options

My Watch came today a week early (UK)😊

Overall it is a lovely watch, but in these early days the integration with wear os, is for me at least is a headache, Google play store watch faces need a separate app, so when your in the Galaxy Wear app, and you select one of these, you then have to set it up or edit it within the watch face's own app. I switched to Samsung Watches a few years ago to get away from this!!!!. Also as far as I can tell, the "thousands of watch faces in the Google Play Store" is a myth, there are at least at the moment, very few the Galaxy store had a much better selection, I bought the Galaxy Watch Classic 46 and yet the strap is 20mm instead of 22 like the previous ones, so despite its lovely - ness, there are definitely a few little teathing issues, which the might Samsung will have to tackle 🤔😋
9 REPLIES 9
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Nice to have it early. Still waiting on mine....

As with any new tech, first few days and weeks after release will uncover bugs etc and software updates will always improve over time.
Rico7
Apprentice
Options
Waiting for mine to come, tell me it's easy to use, I'm not very technical. Tia
JonCsg
Pioneer
Options
Yes its for the basics it shows you what to do, when you get it go through the app carefully, go thru all the settings, there are plenty of watch faces to be going in with, it has a lot of features, but just get I know them as you need too, don't I erliaf yourself trying to learn everything straight away 😋
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
The strap size change was a bummer for me too Jon. When I read up & also asked Samsung then was told 46mm Classic took 22m straps (like my previous G.Watch). Came to swap the funny white/silver strap it shipped with for one of my previous straps and found they'd made it smaller.

Ordered some 20mm quick release pins and hopefully can adapt a few of my old straps.
Agree the watch faces is a little sparce at the moment
JonCsg
Pioneer
Options
Yeah me too, I'm also gutted about the watch face's, I should have remembered they wouldn't be compatible with the new one, and I'm trading in the Galaxy watch 3 😱😊
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
Funny thing about the straps. I prefer metal and every 20mm strap I've ordered (all of which fit other 20mm watch) won't fit the Watch 4 (46mm) Classic. Now looking at 19mm. Another play by Samsung to purchase straps from them. In addition the Watch Faces I purchased on the Galaxy Store, although still shown in receipts can't be downloaded or applied to the watch. I somehow doubt Samsung will refund me either!
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
The watch faces within Galaxy Store will be for Tizen based OS's so not compatible with the Watch 4. The Watch 4 watchfaces can be found on the Google Wear section of Google App store.
0 Likes
MLXLT
Journeyman
Options

A number of the watch faces I found on the Google Play store (and paid to upgrade) need Wear OS to adjust the watch faces to your preferences (Complications loaded, etc.) However the Samsung Watch 4 and Classic don't pair with Wear OS, and I understand that was a conscious decision by Samsung. That means that although the apps can be loaded from Google Play, you can't adjust the watch face to get your preferred effectiveness. I can't understand why Samsung would go with Wear OS on the Watch4, but not allow it to link with the Wear OS app. Cuts off full access to a lot of good potential apps and watch faces.

0 Likes
JonCsg
Pioneer
Options
Your are quite right, I've set mine back, I couldnt cope with all extra watchface apps, bit being able to do it all in the Samsung app for me is a complete no no. Also if you trade in your watch 3, none of its faces are compatible with the 4 Classic, I've spent good money on them, it wasn't worth it, for a few upgrades, real shame the hardware is good
0 Likes