Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Charging - Has anyone else experienced their official charger not charging the watch quick?

(Topic created on: 11-09-2021 09:52 AM)
Clive7409
Voyager
Options

Has anyone else experienced their official charger not charging the watch quick?

I can put the watch on the charger at 15% battery & even after 4 hours on charge it only gets to 86%!!! 

Noticed the watch is also constantly turning the screen on & off which I think is the cause of slow charging.

Anyone any ideas before I contact Samsung Support directly.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Certainly not my experience! Other than the classic restarts and even factory reset.... Not sure
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
What kind of mains adapter are you using? Could be that there's insufficient power getting to the charging dock, and the flutuating drops in power will be waking the watch up as it thinks its been removed then replaced.
If you've another USB adapter (ideally an Adaptive Fast Charger) then I'd try that.

The above is just an idea. I don't use the supplied charger but charge mine on a Duo pad. Takes a couple of hours to go from a few % to full.
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
Have a 4 port charger that I believe is 5V 2A on 3 ports with a QC/PD port delivering upto 65W. Using the charge cable that came with it also.

Was working fine up until this week, may swap the charger plug out see if it makes a difference.
0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

My Samsung Duo charger charges my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm in about 1.5 hours.

Clive7409
Voyager
Options
Cheers all. Think may be the USB plug itself as when plugged in to a portable battery pack seems to be charging without issue thus far.
Lorenzoqqq
Explorer
Options

Hello, i have the same problem. Charging no more than 88%,i tried with original wireless device and diferent models of charging plug. I will bring it to assistance

0 Likes