Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic battery life..

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 12:39 PM)
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all.

Received my 46mm 4 Classic BT today, looks great it really does.

Before I turned it on for the first time I charged it to 100%. I have had it on my wrist now for 2 hours sat in the office and its down to 87%

Now lets look at my old watch which was dubbed as the "Samsung Galaxy Watch" model is SM-R800 BT I had a busy day yesterday and it only discharged to 88% the whole day..

This new one seems to be discharging fast and I have only setup the basics, no always on display or any of the health functions setup..

Does the watch need time to calibrate the battery perhaps, shall I give it chance over the weekend to see if it picks its feet up ?

If this is the rate it discharges then I will be returning it and going back to my SM-R800.

Cheers all

34 REPLIES 34
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Always on display is also off
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah same. The speed is quick enough on raise to wake
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I dont even have raise to wake on...have it set to show notifications but that is all
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I really like the look of the SG Watch 4 Classic but the battery on SG watches is awful.

A couple of days then charge seems to be the norm.

Huawei GT Watch lasts 14 days or so on one charge.

Battery power seems to be a big issue for Samsung on most devices.
0 Likes
JulianKernow
Student
Options
Have turned off what was suggested, including always on display and yes its improved the battery life a great deal thanks
0 Likes
SinfulKnight
First Poster
Options

So I'm not alone on this. Got the 4 Classic and it after a full charge gives me about 24hr if I don't do any manual like check my pulse or stress. Everything else doesn't really kill the battery. 

I thought it was supposed to be a 48hr battery, so far I think my first day was 20hr life before going up to 24. I just charge it every morning while I reply to work emails and slack. I do prefer this to my 3 Classic Frontier. I feel I use it more often than before. 

0 Likes
punit1995
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys. I just got my watch 4 classic (46mm) about 2 weeks ago like most people. It was working fine until suddenly this morning when my watch went from 90% to 40% battery within a matter of 1 hour.

As I am typing this, the watch is still discharging and I can't get it up even when it is plugged into the charger (the battery % still drops even when plugged in). I am using the wireless charger that came in the box and am not doing anything different from the past 2 weeks.

Called samsung support and they asked me to reset the watch. Anyone else has encountered this? Will resetting the watch fix the rapid discharge issue?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If it's not a rogue app or setting that's causing this then Yes a reset would be the next step to see if that resolves the battery drain.

If it continues then personally I'd check out any relevant cooling off period and have it swapped out, or if your past that stage have a Samsung Service Centre take a look @punit1995 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

llwinwv
First Poster
Options

im wanting to get one to track my activity and sleep.  is that a good thing to do.?  im hesitan t because of the battery life

i am 64 yo veteraan and wanting to improve my weight and h bp

0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I really like my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm. I do track exercise, and sleep and measure blood pressure. In the first 2 weeks, the battery was at 40 % at the end of each day, now it is at 50 %. I don't quite know why it improved - I made no changes. 2 days is OK for a fully blown smartwatch.