Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic battery life..

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 12:39 PM)
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all.

Received my 46mm 4 Classic BT today, looks great it really does.

Before I turned it on for the first time I charged it to 100%. I have had it on my wrist now for 2 hours sat in the office and its down to 87%

Now lets look at my old watch which was dubbed as the "Samsung Galaxy Watch" model is SM-R800 BT I had a busy day yesterday and it only discharged to 88% the whole day..

This new one seems to be discharging fast and I have only setup the basics, no always on display or any of the health functions setup..

Does the watch need time to calibrate the battery perhaps, shall I give it chance over the weekend to see if it picks its feet up ?

If this is the rate it discharges then I will be returning it and going back to my SM-R800.

Cheers all

34 REPLIES 34
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks all. I'm pretty gutted it won't charge on the stand that came with the Sm-r800 it's so much better looking than the charger that comes with it
Marty313
Navigator
Options

While I really like my new Galaxy Watch 4, battery life is disappointing. When using it for exercise tracking, it barely lasts 24 h even with AOD off. I am dependent on messages on my watch 25/7 as I am using continuous glucose monitoring, so I now got myself a 2nd hand Galaxy Watch ("1") to wear when I charge my Watch 4, and that has excellent battery life in comparison. It is just a much heavier watch.

danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
Well I had to fully recharge it Friday night whilst I was in bed, went away for the weekend to a friends in Wales and it was dead by midnight sat evening. Return open this is a very shoddy battery indeed.
0 Likes
GMcD
Explorer
Options
I find the battery terrible compared to my old watch from a different brand. I got days out of it with more stuff running. I also use the bedtime schedule/do not disturb setting, but it seems to keep turning itself off at some point in the night. Anyone know why? I have the W4 basic not the Classic model
0 Likes
GMcD
Explorer
Options
Meant to say - my phone's the Z Fold3
0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

An update: I use my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46 mm for sleep tracking, 2 x exercise tracking (2 x 15 cycling to work), no always on display. In steady state after 10 days of using the watch, my battery is at 40 % when I put it on my Duo charger after coming back from work, when it takes 1 1/2 hours to charge. Not brilliant when compared with the Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 3,  which would last 2 1/2 days with the same amount of usage, but acceptable. Health tracking with the Watch 4 is significantly better and includesblood pressure, so this is the price to pay.

0 Likes
JulianKernow
Student
Options

The battery life is absolutely appalling.  I was expecting to at least be able to wear it for a day without needing the charger within easy reach.  

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have it set to constantly red heat rate and stress levels, try turning them off and turn wifi offScreenshot_20210918-072117_Galaxy Watch PlugIn.jpg
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Mine not that good, but certainly more than a day - 2 days Average.Screenshot_20210918-095523_Galaxy Watch4 Plugin_29880.jpg
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
That's good
0 Likes