Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic battery life

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 10:35 AM)
leespeno87
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys just upgraded to the galaxy watch 4 classic and the battery life is terrible was just wondering if there's going to be a update of any kind that will improve the battery life 

Thanks 😃
13 REPLIES 13
paolomario
Pioneer
Options
Well, it probably depends what you expect from battery. For me one day is enough as I charge my smartwatch along with my smartphone, when I go to sleep. But very often I don't charge it to 100% (which is better for battery), usually to 80+/- % and it's unlikely that I get below 40% using it all day (I start my day before 4am and go to sleep about 9pm). I did a test few days ago. I charged it to 100% and plugged it back 43 hours later, when it had 26%. The Wear app told me that SOT was about 3 hours during that time (checking time, answering notifications and phonecalls, controling media, paying with it...etc. Still spend some time changing settings, watch faces, adding and checking new apps...). Spotify about the same (3hrs). Plus some health services (I walk a lot). I got my GW4Classic 46 LTE on the 27th of August and few days later there was an update which improved battery life. In my opinion. But I don't use my watch to track activities in more advanced way, and I don't check my health parameters all the time. Besides I always have my smartphone with me so it does the job and smartwatch just helps to display the results. On the other hand - lte really sucks the juice. I treat it as "just in case" feature (still don't understand why my smartphone needs to be on and connected to internet when left home and I want to make phonecalls with my watch being outside).
0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

Battery life on my Galaxy Watch 4 Classic improved after the first 2 weeks. I use my own clockface with AOD and track cycling to and from work. I charge my clock daily. Now battery level is close to 50 %, it was 40 % before. 

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

I agree the battery life is not great but I would't say its terrible.  I was getting longer on my 2 year old Active2,  I'm getting about a day and a half at the moment.  I wear my watch 24/7 but don't use AOD.  We are early adopters of a watch with a brand new OS so it's no surprise there are some issues.  As you say hopefully the next firmware may improve it - otherwise its the Watch 5!

leespeno87
Journeyman
Options
What's AOD sorry for the daft question
0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Always On Display
0 Likes
paulH200
Apprentice
Options
I am so pleased I found this thread. I have a GW4 Classic 32mm LTE. I certainly don't hammer the watch but I barely get 12 hours out of it. EE have offered to exchange it. But iam not sure if its a phone problem or software. In which case a replacement won't help.
0 Likes
Marty313
Navigator
Options

I guess it is a hardware problem. I have a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE 46 mm. LTE is switched off. AOD of my own design, but no tilt to wake, battery saver at night, worn 24/7, used to cost 60 % battery per 22.5 h after 2 weeks approaching 40 - 50 %. This is not a good as my Mobvoi TicWatch 3 Pro GPS (which ran 2 1/2 days on a single charge), but since the Watch 4 is almost perfect in any other respect, I regard 40 - 48 h as good enough. 

0 Likes
paulH200
Apprentice
Options
My network provider replaced my watch. So far its vastly better. After 6 hours of use its down to 77% and its only been charged once since I received it. My last watch gave up at 12 hours.
0 Likes
martyn68
Explorer
Options
Same here, even when I disable all sensors and notifications I still only have a day use. My old watch3 lasted days
0 Likes