Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic battery life..

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 12:39 PM)
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all.

Received my 46mm 4 Classic BT today, looks great it really does.

Before I turned it on for the first time I charged it to 100%. I have had it on my wrist now for 2 hours sat in the office and its down to 87%

Now lets look at my old watch which was dubbed as the "Samsung Galaxy Watch" model is SM-R800 BT I had a busy day yesterday and it only discharged to 88% the whole day..

This new one seems to be discharging fast and I have only setup the basics, no always on display or any of the health functions setup..

Does the watch need time to calibrate the battery perhaps, shall I give it chance over the weekend to see if it picks its feet up ?

If this is the rate it discharges then I will be returning it and going back to my SM-R800.

Cheers all

34 REPLIES 34
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I also charged mine to 100% prior to switching it on and mine dropped to around 70% within an hour or so of first use... I let the watch discharge until it turned off and charged it back up and I get 1d 20h of use out of it (WiFi, GPS and NFC all turned on).

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options

Pretty shocking that, my old device can go nearly 4 days still on a single charge.

Maybe its just how they are now..

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The new watches aren't as good for battery, my Galaxy watch lasted 3 days with AOD on and my active 2 lasts 1.5 days with AOD so I don't think the 4 will be any better
0 Likes
brettz
Navigator
Options
Not great battery life did you do the update makes it a bit better after a full day ive got about 48 % left but i charge it at night not bothered about sleep tracking
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
No update here, maybe already done
0 Likes
brettz
Navigator
Options
When i got mine their was an update straight away in the wearable app only had mine for a week and battery life definitely got better after update i was worried at first because battery was draing fast now its just as good as my watch active 2
0 Likes
Kasimo
Explorer
Options
Yep. I get about 2 days if I'm lucky. Shame really as you feel you spend more time charging and having it off your wrist than get any enjoyment and benefits of having a smart, expensive watch. Would have thought improvements in battery life rather than a step backwards.
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Mine took a good few days to 'learn usage patterns' and to give a battery estimate, but also consider that any new device these days needs a period of time to settle (for whatever reason...my s21U was exactly the same)

I don't seem to have excessive drain like others have but don't have continuous heart rate or blood oxygen on while sleeping, AOD OFF! Dark background, auto brightness

WiFi, nfc, regular heart rate check, health tracking all on plus Google payments, media control, 100's notifications, multiple time checks (!!)

I charge each morning to around 100% and seem to regularly wake up the next morning with around 50% left.

Sticking it on charge when I'm in the shower n stuff just keeps the battery topped up
0 Likes
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Oh the other thing that might help is that I got a 'bedtime' schedule on my phone which automatically mirrors on my watch so it turns lots of things off overnight. Nice touch.
0 Likes