Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 classic battery drain

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 11:11 PM)
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Latest update has really ruined this watch battery drains like mad locks randomly on your arm where u need to enter the pin. Avoid the update if u didn't install it yet 

32 REPLIES 32
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
Is it that bad?
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Yes
RussellF
Apprentice
Options
There is definitely something going on. Mine was doing it before the last update too. Watch drains rapidly 10%+ every hour. Not lasting a 12 hour day. It's happened twice now. Each time I've reset the watch and it resolves it for a time. Just waiting for it to start doing it again....
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
There is a newer and much larger update ending DUJA that is already out. BUT...as is always the case with Samsung it is being rolled out in stages so depending on where you live it may or may not be available now.....UK being one of those having to wait.........
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
Yes we always get update 2 to 3 weeks after everywhere else I'm the uk
0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
Hoping this new update fixes battery issue and gmail issue, but I don't think it adds google assistant ..........
AradoX
Apprentice
Options

Just wanted to say I experience exactly the same. Battery now draining 10% or more every hour - even with all the battery saving tips I've found implemented! Even went so far as to disable wifi, nfc and permanently set screen to 1/4 brightness.
For me it all started Sunday 24 October.

I've had it for weeks before that, and would get about one week out of it before. I just gave it a short charge each morning, while getting ready (prob. 10 min.).
Also note that I slept with it on and had blood oxygen monitoring and all other health features turned on. The only battery saving features back then were no AOD and a dark theme.

Contrast that to now, where I must do a full charge twice daily - even with so many battery saving tips and features that it is no longer an enjoyable experience to use the watch! This is simply an insane decrease in performance!

Edit: Spelling.

dvdhpr
Explorer
Options
Ive had same problem..in the end ive reset my watch..and all seems better now
Franciemccool
Pathfinder
Options
I reset mine its a bit better not 100%
0 Likes