Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Can't Turn off the alarm set by phone by pressing the X button on watch when the alarm goes off

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 11:39 AM)
Stonewall44
First Poster
Options

I have an alarm that goes off at 6AM every weekday for work. It goes off on the phone and watch successfully, however today was the first day with my new watch and I'm pressing the X (vs the Zzz to snooze) and it's not shutting the alarm off and instead is snoozing the alarm. I do have big fingers but I clearly hit the button the next 5 times it went off. I could use the phone but that defeats the purpose of having a watch that I can also access to turn it off when it goes off. Suggestions?

Note: I do already have Touch Sensitivity turned on.

21 REPLIES 21
Stu_
First Poster
Options

Having this issue too, about 30% of the time it snoozes instead of dismissing.

I found this thread while looking for a way to change how alarms, etc. are dismissed from the swipe to something else, but doesn't seem like that's possible at the moment? (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

The slide to dismiss is such an annoying UI feature, often it will lose track of my finger mid-swipe and I have to try 2-3 times before it recognises it as a swipe (and then sometimes does the wrong action).

Would really love another way to dismiss things, like a tap and hold option on the same UI would be perfect, and would make it much harder for these problems we're all experiencing to occur.  

neo qled
Student
Options

In case it helps - I've found that if you swipe from the delete X in an upward clockwise curve around the edge of the watch face (i.e not straigjt up) that it shuts off the alarm.

0 Likes
Efun
First Poster
Options

It doesn't work, you can't stop the alarm with touch or swipe,
it will always just snooze, why hasn't Samsung solved these little problems?

0 Likes
Barb5
First Poster
Options

This is driving me mad... Every time I try to swipe off, it snoozes. On the watch 4 classic I can't find an option to get rid of the snooze feature. 

Stevie957
Apprentice
Options

I found the answer in the manual it says turn the bezel clockwise to stop alarm and turn it anticlockwise to snooze. I tried it and works on my galaxy watch 4 classic. Hope this helps. 

MoniGalaxy
First Poster
Options

Thank you, last poster!! 🙏 It worked: I FINALLY shut up that maddening notification sound that's been driving  me crazy for the past month and a half.  But seriously guys ... you shouldn't have to earn a PhD in Galaxy Watch to be able to operate this thing. It's got a big X on it. You should be able to touch or drag it.  Who could ever, on their own, think of this bezel thing? (I didn't even know what a bezel was ... I had to look it up. Sorry, I'm not 18 yo) .

Please tell someone to fix this because it's not acceptable.

0 Likes
Stevie957
Apprentice
Options
The manual also says drag the x up out of the circle not tried it yet though. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Pablo_100
First Poster
Options

For those who need a quick answer: I just found out that you need to touch the X icon, hold it (for 1 second or so) until it gets highlighted and then slide up. If you don't get it highlighted before sliding, it will snooze. 

Boilermkr7
Student
Options

I just got an email notification with your answer, and let me tell you I'm SO EXCITED to try this. Haha. I will hold the X for SO many seconds if this is what it takes. 

0 Likes
MoniGalaxy
First Poster
Options

You guys are great. Thanks for helping out. But  I still say it shouldn't be rocket science to turn off an alarm. Someone at Galaxy needs to get the boot.

0 Likes