Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 bezel not working

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 05:57 PM)
Soldus
First Poster
Options

I just got my Galaxy Watch 4 and it appears the Bezel doesn't work at all. Already found the settings where it can be deactivated and mine is set on.

Are there other "lock" settings to maybe keep accidental input from occuring? 

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Soldus: Do you have a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic with a physical bezel? If so, what actions are you attempting to perform when turning the bezel? When you're in your Apps menu for instance, are you able to navigate through the apps by turning it? 

0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
What model do you have (model number)?
0 Likes
Steph23
First Poster
Options

Same thing. Bezel isn't working at all. No manual to assist with set up.

0 Likes
Benny801
Student
Options

I have the same issue. Just got mine and I believe it has something to do with my magnetic watch strap. When I take the watch off or disengage the magnetic strap, it works. Is this expected behavior? 

Benny801
Student
Options

Forgot to add, its a Galaxy Watch4 Classic

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Benny801 , I can confirm that it's expected behaviour. From the User Manual:

"• Make sure the rotatable bezel is free from the foreign materials like dust or sand.
• Do not use the rotatable bezel near magnetic substances, such as magnets or
magnetic bracelets. The rotatable bezel may not work properly due to magnetic
interference.

If the bezel does not work, take it to a Samsung Service Centre without disassembling
the Watch."

(For anyone interested, the User Manual is on this page: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SM-R890NZSDWEU/ ; or direct link: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202108/20210825092355958/SM-R86X_R87X_R88X_R89X_UM_EU_... )

Members_wDWrMG5
First Poster
Options

Just restart youre watch

0 Likes
Watch49
First Poster
Options

I have the watch 4. Restart didn't work. Went to settings/display toggle bezel wake-up on then back off. This fixed it. 

mszymczakowski
First Poster
Options

Thank you! After last update to One UI 4.0 bezel stopped working in my watch, your solution worked @Watch49 !

0 Likes