Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - Auto detect workouts

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 04:39 PM)
Members_Zbyw5lN
First Poster
Options

Got my new galaxy watch 4 but it doesn't auto detect my cycling workouts. 

found my way into the watch settings (where you can toggle on\off auto detection but cycling isn't included. 

anybody else noticed this?

24 REPLIES 24
Johny100
Journeyman
Options

Where is cycling detection?

Banjo215
Apprentice
Options

Not on the Galaxy watch 4.

maracko
First Poster
Options

Samsung please add this in a future update, I know ***** well it's possible.

It worked flawlessly on my galaxy watch active 2

BenJammin
Student
Options

+1. Disappointed that this feature does not exist coming from an ex Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Watch 3 owner. Samsung please patch this in a future update.

bagelpizza
Student
Options
Very frustrating that this has been removed.
Madusmacus
Pioneer
Options

Latest |FW no auto detect here either

wasted 2 cycle rides due to this

i know its easy to look down at your watch find the excercise app and scroll down and press the im going to start cycling button but... <sarc>

FGS its even easier to forget

attilae
First Poster
Options
I'm thinkin of return the device it's disappointing that newer device don't have the future that I use most.
Blackmore1
Apprentice
Options

+1 cycling is my primary type of exercise auto-detect was working just fine on my Active 2. Very disappointing.

Rboina
First Poster
Options

Even my old Galaxy active 1 could detect it. Very disappointed. 

0 Likes
Members_sAX6nUp
Student
Options

My gear 3 frontier from like 6 years ago could do this flawlessly. It senses relative smooth motion too fast for walking and too slow for car ... so it knows you are biking. Its absolutely idiotic that samsung pulled this feature from its flagship watch. Its the main reason i got the watch. I mean, it can track biking if you tell it to, so the sensors work, it just can't auto detect....it auto detects rowing(?!) For some reason...but hey, i guess more people sit on a rowing machine than use a bike.... lol , also ... "starting an exercise couldn't be simpler  ... just do these three steps instead of doing no steps."  Wat? How is going into an app, then a menu, then a sub menu easier than just not doing any of that? And thats if you even remeber to do that. I have like six layers of clothes on and heavy winter gloves. I just want it to work like my watch for 2016 did...im switching back to my better, six year old watch. So dumb. Also, sorry for the rant haha