Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - Auto detect workouts

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 04:39 PM)
Members_Zbyw5lN
First Poster
Options

Got my new galaxy watch 4 but it doesn't auto detect my cycling workouts. 

found my way into the watch settings (where you can toggle on\off auto detection but cycling isn't included. 

anybody else noticed this?

24 REPLIES 24
Members_qsVjekB
First Poster
Options

Same here, this is very disappointing, automatically logging exercise is the reason I bought this thing... 

AndrewL
Options

@Members_Zbyw5lN: Just to check, have you looked at the available workout options in the Samsung Health app > Settings > Auto Detect Workouts? If you have, and cycling isn't listed, then I can only imagine that this is related to the relative lack of arm movement while cycling, which might make it difficult for the watch to accurately detect the activity. Starting an exercise couldn't be simpler, though. Just head to the Samsung Health app > Choose Workout > Cycling.

Banjo215
Apprentice
Options

It's not in the available options on the galaxy watch 4. The Galaxy Watch & Galaxy Watch 3 both had it though.

mrbenjaminryder
Student
Options
Just to add to this, Auto Detect for Cycling isn't one of the options listed. It was on my original Galaxy Watch and am really disappointed that it is missing from GW4.
Please add it back in Samsung!
Meet Idnani
Student
Options

yes went cycling yesterday first time with the watch 4 & was surprised it did not detect it(was using the galaxy active 2 before this and it always detected it) . And then as other have mentioned could not find the option to activate it in the settings. Very disappointing indeed, hopefully they fix it in upcoming release.

Zephiennia
Student
Options

Yup, and it sucks. I thought this fancy new watch would be an upgrade from my ancient Fitbit, but apparently not. This needs to be fixed, asap!

ratzekind
Pioneer
Options

Couldn't agree more - this is really a step back in evolution, as former Galaxy watches proved to be very efficient in detecting cycling. I wouldn't mind a bit of inaccuracy, different from when I actually exercise and want more exact results. Weird that it's not included.

Members_ArNtOvs
First Poster
Options

They also documented it, that it is missing, very disappointing as previous WatchActive 2 Owner. Use automatic workout detection on your Samsung smart watch

jdubster2020
Student
Options

For real though. Coming from the Galaxy Watch Active 2, this really sucks. I ride the bike a lot...